Announcement

Collapse

Landmark HairMax LaserComb Clinical Study Results Published, Proving Efficacy and Safety In Treating Hair Loss

The results of 4 clinical studies conclusively proving the efficacy and safety of the HairMax LaserComb was published in a peer review medical journal in April 2014 and here is a summation of the article.

"The results of four clinical studies on the treatment of male and female pattern hair loss with the HairMax LaserComb, was just published today in a peer-review journal, The American Journal of Clinical Dermatology. The article, Efficacy and Safety of a Low-level Laser Device in the Treatment of Male and Female Pattern Hair Loss: A Multicenter, Randomized, Sham Device-controlled, Double-blind Study was co-authored by renowned experts in the field of hair disorders. The results of these studies have now provided robust and conclusive evidence that the HairMax LaserComb is both effective and safe for the treatment of pattern hair loss in men and women.

This is the link to the clinical article:

http://link.springer.com/article/10....257-013-0060-6

The four clinical studies were conducted under strict Good Clinical Practice Guidelines at multiple study sites, including major teaching institutions of dermatology such as the Cleveland Clinic, University of Minnesota and University of Miami. Enrolled in the study were 225 males and females diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia (male and female pattern hair loss). Subjects received either the HairMax LaserComb or a sham (inactive) device in a randomized, blinded manner so that no one knew which device they were on. The primary efficacy analysis was based on the change in hair count after 26 weeks treatment with the HairMax LaserComb, compared to change in hair count with the sham (inactive) device.

The results of the studies showed that there was an average increase in terminal hair count of over 20 hairs per cm² (equivalent to over 139 hairs per square inch). Additionally, a higher percentage of lasercomb-treated subjects reported overall improvement in hair loss condition and thickness and fullness of hair in self-assessment, compared with sham-treated subjects. No serious adverse events were reported in any subject receiving the lasercomb in any of the studies.

The authors concluded that: “Our results suggest that low-level laser treatment may be an effective option to treat pattern hair loss in men and women”. They also concluded that “Low Level Laser Therapy [LLLT] may provide a promising treatment option for patients who do not respond to either finasteride or minoxidil, and who do not want to undergo hair transplantation.”

The authors also had this overall observation: “…… while topical minoxidil solution or foam is widely used to treat pattern hair loss and is generally well tolerated, the treatment needs to be applied one or twice daily, and be in contact with the scalp for at least 4 hours. Such application can be impractical for many users, leading to noncompliance and reduced efficacy. As an alternative, the lasercomb treatment is safe and easy to apply, with 8-15 minutes of treatment three times per week, and leaves no residue on the scalp. Such user friendliness of the lasercomb may lead to better patient compliance and improved efficacy.”

Dr. Lawrence Schachner, Chairman of the Department of Dermatology at the Miller School of Medicine of the University of Miami, and senior author of the article said: “The results of these clinical studies provide further evidence that the HairMax LaserComb may be utilized as an effective option for treating androgenetic alopecia in men and women.”

You can view a video of the lead author of the clinical paper, Dr. Lawrence Schachner and Dr. Joquin Jimenez discussing the clinical paper at this link: http://hairmaxpro.com/study-html/
See more
See less

Im afraid this thing really works ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im afraid this thing really works ...

Too bad they dont show all the posts (negative and positive) because i did write one of them i would say 5 or 6 month ago saying
    " Where are the pictures, so many peoples happy with this product but WHERE ARE THE PICTURES ". I was also saying that there was so many scams and crooks out there to steel your hard earned money that i wouldn't buy this things before you would show me some proof.
    Maybe you at lexington keep in file all the posts that you delete.... anyway it was under my nickname Grabber_grabbs, sometime in october or november 2003.
    I finally decided to buy a second hand LaserComb from Lexington, at discount price. At the beginning i noticed (like many users here) that my hair was more managable, more fluffy (sorry for my poor english).
    I also noticed, after maybe two week, i noticed that i had lots of non colored hair that was growing on my frontal area.
    Since a week, i have noticed lots of dark black colored hair all over my frontal area, specially the left side. I also noticed that lots of those black hairs are non colored for the first 1/4" inch and gradually become black toward the root or scalp. So this should answer to those asking if these non colour hair will eventually become more visible hair... according to my experience, yes it will.
    I have taken some picture at the beginning of the treatement, just hope i still have them, i was using my sisters camera and i didn't have ennough room on my computer's hard drive to store them. I just hope she didn't delete them.
    At first i was like a paranoid... looking each morning, lunch time, souper time, always in front of the mirror looking for new hair.... If you have some good eyes, yes you can see after couple of weeks, you can see the hair growing, even if it is only 1/8" of an inch, you can see them. Those that are saying that you cannot see changes after few week is true but it depend on how close you look. After weeks of use, small are the chance that you'll get some feedback for your neighbour saying that you have more hair, but you, in front of the mirror you can notice it. YES IT GROW.
    Lately i was not as paranoid as i use to be, not looking in the mirror 5 time a day, and i became very surprised to see all those black hair (1/4"inch) all over my frontal. They are probably all over my scalp but it is hard to see them because i still have hair, i am not bald.
    My hair was thinning and decided to do something before it was getting worse. Iam glad i did.
    Question for lexington : Do you keep in file all the posts that you delete ? Would be funny if you could post the one i wrote last fall.

Have a nice day all.

how long have u been using the comb?
    when did you realise it was working?
    ive just started the comb and hoping im not one of the ones that nothing works for. I have a problem with looking on the negative

congratulations hope I can write a post like your soon

Comment

I think i was able to see some non colored hair after 5 or 6 week of using the comb. After 3 month of usage, i was able to see lots of new growth, black in color. I have one part of my frontal that looks to take longer to recover though, i can see lots of new hair but the are very pale/not colored, the other side is black, and lots of regrowth. Im sure it is just a question of time before i can see some colored regrowth on that side.
      I was looking my hairline tonight and the first 3 inch is really full of hair, i almost cannot see the scalp. Hopefully the rest of my hairline will get thicker over time.
      The way i see this, its between the 3th month and the 6th month that things really start to change.
      When you use your comb, be sure your head is clean, if you dont wash your hair daily, be sure to use it on a day you've washed your hair, that way you are sure your scalp is clean.
      I have a feeling of blood circulation when i use the comb. I have noticed that feeling more often when i use the comb when my scalp is clean. I think that you have to feel that sensation for the comb to do his job, it activate the blood flow into your scalp i think.

Have a nice day all.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Working...
      X