Announcement

Collapse

Landmark HairMax LaserComb Clinical Study Results Published, Proving Efficacy and Safety In Treating Hair Loss

The results of 4 clinical studies conclusively proving the efficacy and safety of the HairMax LaserComb was published in a peer review medical journal in April 2014 and here is a summation of the article.

"The results of four clinical studies on the treatment of male and female pattern hair loss with the HairMax LaserComb, was just published today in a peer-review journal, The American Journal of Clinical Dermatology. The article, Efficacy and Safety of a Low-level Laser Device in the Treatment of Male and Female Pattern Hair Loss: A Multicenter, Randomized, Sham Device-controlled, Double-blind Study was co-authored by renowned experts in the field of hair disorders. The results of these studies have now provided robust and conclusive evidence that the HairMax LaserComb is both effective and safe for the treatment of pattern hair loss in men and women.

This is the link to the clinical article:

http://link.springer.com/article/10....257-013-0060-6

The four clinical studies were conducted under strict Good Clinical Practice Guidelines at multiple study sites, including major teaching institutions of dermatology such as the Cleveland Clinic, University of Minnesota and University of Miami. Enrolled in the study were 225 males and females diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia (male and female pattern hair loss). Subjects received either the HairMax LaserComb or a sham (inactive) device in a randomized, blinded manner so that no one knew which device they were on. The primary efficacy analysis was based on the change in hair count after 26 weeks treatment with the HairMax LaserComb, compared to change in hair count with the sham (inactive) device.

The results of the studies showed that there was an average increase in terminal hair count of over 20 hairs per cm² (equivalent to over 139 hairs per square inch). Additionally, a higher percentage of lasercomb-treated subjects reported overall improvement in hair loss condition and thickness and fullness of hair in self-assessment, compared with sham-treated subjects. No serious adverse events were reported in any subject receiving the lasercomb in any of the studies.

The authors concluded that: “Our results suggest that low-level laser treatment may be an effective option to treat pattern hair loss in men and women”. They also concluded that “Low Level Laser Therapy [LLLT] may provide a promising treatment option for patients who do not respond to either finasteride or minoxidil, and who do not want to undergo hair transplantation.”

The authors also had this overall observation: “…… while topical minoxidil solution or foam is widely used to treat pattern hair loss and is generally well tolerated, the treatment needs to be applied one or twice daily, and be in contact with the scalp for at least 4 hours. Such application can be impractical for many users, leading to noncompliance and reduced efficacy. As an alternative, the lasercomb treatment is safe and easy to apply, with 8-15 minutes of treatment three times per week, and leaves no residue on the scalp. Such user friendliness of the lasercomb may lead to better patient compliance and improved efficacy.”

Dr. Lawrence Schachner, Chairman of the Department of Dermatology at the Miller School of Medicine of the University of Miami, and senior author of the article said: “The results of these clinical studies provide further evidence that the HairMax LaserComb may be utilized as an effective option for treating androgenetic alopecia in men and women.”

You can view a video of the lead author of the clinical paper, Dr. Lawrence Schachner and Dr. Joquin Jimenez discussing the clinical paper at this link: http://hairmaxpro.com/study-html/
See more
See less

Unbelievable results

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable results

I've written several time in the past detailing my awesome results, however I'm so happy after looking in the mirror, that I can't help but right another glowing review.

I have now been using the Lasercomb for 1 year 3 months and it has far exceeded my expectations. My hailine has come foward by almost an inch and is now almost back to its original place. My hair is now very curly and strong and you can no longer see my scalp. My hair is now almost back to its original state before my hairloss. In fact, even if I don't see anymore improvement, I'll be happy. I was once considering hair transplantation, but now it is no longer necessary.

My background:

I'm 32 years old now and I first started losing hair when I was 24. When I first started losing my hair, it became very oily to the point where I had to wash it every day, otherwise it was completely unmanageable. I suspect this results from the hair shaft getting smaller, but the pore size remains the same, thus allowing more oil to seep through to the scalp.

After awhile, my hair started becoming dramatically thiner. Also, my naturally curly hair started to lose more and more of its curl over time. In my late 20's, my hair had receeded quit a bit and my hair lost most of its curl and was very fine and whispy.

My hair was so fine and whispy, that I had to blow dry it everytime I washed it to make it look fuller. I tried Rogaine for awhile and it had a positive effect, however I hated the twice a day regimen because it was so oily and and I couldn't style my hair the way I wanted. Also, the alcohol in the Rogaine dried my scalp out to the point where I had bad dandruff and a red irritated scalp. If anyone uses Rogaine, I suggest they use a copper peptide lotion as it promotes healing and reduces irritation. Anyway, I quit using Rogaine after about 8 months use. I also tried Propecia, but I had negative ***ual side effects, and with a new girlfriend at the time, it was awful, I obviously quit the Propecia as well.

Anyway, I started using the Lasercomb on my fine, whispy, lost its curl, receeded, hair a little over a year ago:

My hairline has filled in almost back to its original location, and my fine whispy hair is now at now very thick. My natural curly hair has returned and I no longer need to blow dry my hair everyday to make it more full.

I wish I had taken before and after photos, but I did not. Anyway, if Lexington needs a spokemen or a testimony, email me.

The lasercomb is an awesome product and it has far exceeded my expectations. Actually, the Lasercomb has really sparked my interest in using laser or LED light for other uses such as rapid healing of wounds, and I think it could revolutionize the cosmetic industry because laser light at 830 nm increases collagen, which could help reduce wrinkles and make the skin look younger.

I am also an amateur body builder and I'm trying to put together a scientific study to see how LLLT laser therapy could help in body building. My theory is that body builders could could use larger laser units (not the lasercomb) after workouts to quicken recovery time, thus allowing less rest between workouts. I'm in the process of applying for a grant so that I could buy the laser units, enough for about 30 bodybuilders to use for a scientific study. I'm a research chemist by profession and I've applied for many grants in the past and had many granted. Though, the ones I had granted were for chemistry research, and this is something totally different, however I know the process of applying for a grant and the paperwork involved, so we'll see......

Anyway, thank you Lexington for a great product.

by the way, I would love to get one of your new models with the built in timer. Do you guys offer any exchange credit for my laser comb in exchange for one of the new ones?

Frailey91,
    Can you tell me how long it took for you to see regrowth??? I have been using the comb for about 7 months now...The only thing i have really notices is my hair seems a little more healthier and shinier now regrowth that i can see... I know it doesnt respond to each person the same but i wanted to ask you because i began losing my hair to at age 24 and started using the comb at age 32...Most of my hairloss is in the crown area is that were you lost it too???
    I to have a very oily scalp can i ask what kind of shampoo you used also...Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks Rich

Comment

AMAZINNG RESULTS/NOT JUST ME SAYING IT EITHER

I have an amazing result story as well. Mine is alittle different because I have only been using the comb for 2 months.
      I went and got my hair colored and cut today by two diffrent people same shop and they both said that they were wondering what I was doing diffrent beccause my hair looked great stronger and shinner.
      I explained the laser comb and the owner of the shop wants me to get as much information on this as possible. He said he can see a huge improvement. H e thought it was the cut he was giving me and the girl who color's my hair thought it was the color. I guess they are both wrong
      thanks for a great product. I will continue to post my results. M y question for Lexinngton does it matter if you do the treatment right after a color or should you wait a day or so Please respond I don't want anything to prolong the progress I have seen to date.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Working...
      X