Announcement

Collapse

Landmark HairMax LaserComb Clinical Study Results Published, Proving Efficacy and Safety In Treating Hair Loss

The results of 4 clinical studies conclusively proving the efficacy and safety of the HairMax LaserComb was published in a peer review medical journal in April 2014 and here is a summation of the article.

"The results of four clinical studies on the treatment of male and female pattern hair loss with the HairMax LaserComb, was just published today in a peer-review journal, The American Journal of Clinical Dermatology. The article, Efficacy and Safety of a Low-level Laser Device in the Treatment of Male and Female Pattern Hair Loss: A Multicenter, Randomized, Sham Device-controlled, Double-blind Study was co-authored by renowned experts in the field of hair disorders. The results of these studies have now provided robust and conclusive evidence that the HairMax LaserComb is both effective and safe for the treatment of pattern hair loss in men and women.

This is the link to the clinical article:

http://link.springer.com/article/10....257-013-0060-6

The four clinical studies were conducted under strict Good Clinical Practice Guidelines at multiple study sites, including major teaching institutions of dermatology such as the Cleveland Clinic, University of Minnesota and University of Miami. Enrolled in the study were 225 males and females diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia (male and female pattern hair loss). Subjects received either the HairMax LaserComb or a sham (inactive) device in a randomized, blinded manner so that no one knew which device they were on. The primary efficacy analysis was based on the change in hair count after 26 weeks treatment with the HairMax LaserComb, compared to change in hair count with the sham (inactive) device.

The results of the studies showed that there was an average increase in terminal hair count of over 20 hairs per cm² (equivalent to over 139 hairs per square inch). Additionally, a higher percentage of lasercomb-treated subjects reported overall improvement in hair loss condition and thickness and fullness of hair in self-assessment, compared with sham-treated subjects. No serious adverse events were reported in any subject receiving the lasercomb in any of the studies.

The authors concluded that: “Our results suggest that low-level laser treatment may be an effective option to treat pattern hair loss in men and women”. They also concluded that “Low Level Laser Therapy [LLLT] may provide a promising treatment option for patients who do not respond to either finasteride or minoxidil, and who do not want to undergo hair transplantation.”

The authors also had this overall observation: “…… while topical minoxidil solution or foam is widely used to treat pattern hair loss and is generally well tolerated, the treatment needs to be applied one or twice daily, and be in contact with the scalp for at least 4 hours. Such application can be impractical for many users, leading to noncompliance and reduced efficacy. As an alternative, the lasercomb treatment is safe and easy to apply, with 8-15 minutes of treatment three times per week, and leaves no residue on the scalp. Such user friendliness of the lasercomb may lead to better patient compliance and improved efficacy.”

Dr. Lawrence Schachner, Chairman of the Department of Dermatology at the Miller School of Medicine of the University of Miami, and senior author of the article said: “The results of these clinical studies provide further evidence that the HairMax LaserComb may be utilized as an effective option for treating androgenetic alopecia in men and women.”

You can view a video of the lead author of the clinical paper, Dr. Lawrence Schachner and Dr. Joquin Jimenez discussing the clinical paper at this link: http://hairmaxpro.com/study-html/
See more
See less

coming back to the comb

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coming back to the comb

I used the comb for two years and managed to maintain a good deal of my hair and keep it looking full. I have very aggressive balding inherited from my dad, who was bald by 30 (balding can be inherited from either side -- two of the three brothers in my family have it and it exactly matches my dad's pattern). I started losing hair at 17 and am now 23. The quality of my hair was good during that time, considering the fight I was waging, using minoxidil, saw palmetto on and off, tricomin, and nizoral on and off and the laser comb starting at 21 or so. I was probably one of the first people to buy it. I could still disguise my loss fairly well until about five months ago. At that time, I started on propecia and, two months later, I dropped the laser comb, thinking it might be causing me to shed, which was a rapidly worsening problem for me. BIG MISTAKE. The quality of my hair started really deteriorating and, probably also because of the Propecia, I started shedding extremely badly. No way to hide it any more. I was a mess. However, I started using the comb again a week ago, and already there is a great difference. It's like my scalp and hair are waking up again. It looks like the good the comb did for all of that time is being retrieved very quickly. I'm very pleased, and wanted to let you know. My hair is much fuller and, with the help of Toppik, I can leave the house in the morning with more confidence. Thanks so much for your product. I'm not planning to fall off the wagon again!

I don't know how much hair I'll be able to retrieve, but I have hopes...

I'm using the comb every other day, which is a bit more than three times a week. Will this be a problem?

Dear Athlete,

Hello and thank you for your posting.

Yes, if you fall off the wagon, your hair most definitely will regress to its original state or worse. Hairloss is an ongoing treatment, its like anything in life, if you exercise today, you need to exercise tomorrow in order to maintain the benefits.

In regards to usage we do recommend using 3 times a week, ie: (Mon, Wed, & Friday). You should be able to do 2 full complete passes within 10 to 15 minutes.

Happy Lasering!

Lexington Int'l
    Sonia

Comment

keeping regrowth?

Dear Sonia,
      I'm 42, having frontal receding line (including temples), NW2-3, with no noticable excessive shedding. Started with revivogen 2 months ago + internals (saw palmetto, zinc, multi v+m). Just interested in 2 things:
      1) can eventual results gotten from laser comb be afterwards maintained with less frequent applications of LC (i.e. once a week instead of t3 x a week);
      2) after eventual stop of the LC treatment and probable shedding, is the situation after shedding worse than the situation before starting with the LC treatment (haircountwise)?

I'd like to see your answer since I seriously envisage LC as my prospective treatment option.

Many thanks in advance,
      Vlado
      Croatia-Europe

Comment

Dear Viado,

Hello and thank you for your posting. I will answer your questions below.

1) can eventual results gotten from laser comb be afterwards maintained with less frequent applications of LC (i.e. once a week instead of t3 x a week).

Yes, once you are content with the appearance of your hair, than at that point you can reduce usage to twice a week (6 months), once a week at the (1 year mark), just to keep up the maintaince.

2) after eventual stop of the LC treatment and probable shedding, is the situation after shedding worse than the situation before starting with the LC treatment (haircountwise)?

Unfortunately, we cannot comment on that as each individual varies. What we have seen happen is if you stop usage, the hair regresses to its original state, in some cases maybe even worse.

Lexington Int'l

Comment

Dear Sonia,
          thanks a lot for your quick response. I'll try to browse a little to weigh all + and - sides of the treatment. My feeling is that LC treatment is very much alike to minox and propecia: effective but creates dependence; shedding after cessation of the usage. Anyhow, need to think it over.

Thank you for your sincere answer!!
          Vlado

Comment

Dear Viado,

Hello. We do not like to be compared to any drug type chemical based product in anyway type or form.

The HairMax LaserComb is a drug free healthy new way of restoring your hair, with no side effects. You are not popping any pills or applying any lotions or potions. It is a onetime purchase of $645.00, and is made to last you anywhere from 10 to 15 years. Usage consists of three times a week maximum and with those other treatments your looking at twice a day, everyday usage. Not to mention we are the only company in world that offers a 12 week money-back guarantee, with a add'l 8 week extension for a total of 20 weeks usage. We profoundly believe in the product, if we didn't we wouldn't be so lenient. So you see there are no comparisons, and it's pretty much a no brainer.

Lexington Int'l

Comment

Dear Sonia,
              accepting what you said, I just want to learn one more thing. Since this kind of treatment exist for abt. 20 years, have long term users experienced any kind of side effects (headache, memory loss or similar)?
              Many thanks,
              Vlado

Comment

Viado,

We have spent over 18 + years of research on the HairMax LaserComb before we even brought it out on the market, with no side effects. Low level lasers have been out since the 60's and there has never been reported any side effects with Low Level Lasers.

To learn more about Low Level Lasers log onto "www.laser.nu".

Lexington Int'l

Comment

Hi athelete,
                  just like to caution you, my opinon is that you drop propecia immediately and rely only on LC and minoxidil.

I have been falling hair since i am 21 and i started using minoxidil at age of 24. I must say although my hair became progressively finer over the years, i still retained most of it and been able to disguise my hairloss till now. i am now 33. However, when propecia first hit the market, i bought it and tried it but within weeks my hair was falling madly.....then i switched to saw plametto (the herbal one) but still gotthe same result. i must say if you experience such aggressive shedding..then propecia is not for you.

I have since drop propecia and the likes,and relied on minoxidil and also added a tropical anti-androgen (spironolactone) to my regrime. only recently i bought LC about 2 months now and although i stil use minoxidil..i am using it less often. i hate it when it makes my body hair so much coaser instead of those on my head.

You will be much happier if you stick to minox and LC. Drop all oral types if you are not the candidate. Hope you will grow a full head of hair again!
                  Its really distressing to lose hair at such young age i know cos i started to lose it at 21. Good luck!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                  Working...
                  X