Announcement

Collapse

Landmark HairMax LaserComb Clinical Study Results Published, Proving Efficacy and Safety In Treating Hair Loss

The results of 4 clinical studies conclusively proving the efficacy and safety of the HairMax LaserComb was published in a peer review medical journal in April 2014 and here is a summation of the article.

"The results of four clinical studies on the treatment of male and female pattern hair loss with the HairMax LaserComb, was just published today in a peer-review journal, The American Journal of Clinical Dermatology. The article, Efficacy and Safety of a Low-level Laser Device in the Treatment of Male and Female Pattern Hair Loss: A Multicenter, Randomized, Sham Device-controlled, Double-blind Study was co-authored by renowned experts in the field of hair disorders. The results of these studies have now provided robust and conclusive evidence that the HairMax LaserComb is both effective and safe for the treatment of pattern hair loss in men and women.

This is the link to the clinical article:

http://link.springer.com/article/10....257-013-0060-6

The four clinical studies were conducted under strict Good Clinical Practice Guidelines at multiple study sites, including major teaching institutions of dermatology such as the Cleveland Clinic, University of Minnesota and University of Miami. Enrolled in the study were 225 males and females diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia (male and female pattern hair loss). Subjects received either the HairMax LaserComb or a sham (inactive) device in a randomized, blinded manner so that no one knew which device they were on. The primary efficacy analysis was based on the change in hair count after 26 weeks treatment with the HairMax LaserComb, compared to change in hair count with the sham (inactive) device.

The results of the studies showed that there was an average increase in terminal hair count of over 20 hairs per cm² (equivalent to over 139 hairs per square inch). Additionally, a higher percentage of lasercomb-treated subjects reported overall improvement in hair loss condition and thickness and fullness of hair in self-assessment, compared with sham-treated subjects. No serious adverse events were reported in any subject receiving the lasercomb in any of the studies.

The authors concluded that: “Our results suggest that low-level laser treatment may be an effective option to treat pattern hair loss in men and women”. They also concluded that “Low Level Laser Therapy [LLLT] may provide a promising treatment option for patients who do not respond to either finasteride or minoxidil, and who do not want to undergo hair transplantation.”

The authors also had this overall observation: “…… while topical minoxidil solution or foam is widely used to treat pattern hair loss and is generally well tolerated, the treatment needs to be applied one or twice daily, and be in contact with the scalp for at least 4 hours. Such application can be impractical for many users, leading to noncompliance and reduced efficacy. As an alternative, the lasercomb treatment is safe and easy to apply, with 8-15 minutes of treatment three times per week, and leaves no residue on the scalp. Such user friendliness of the lasercomb may lead to better patient compliance and improved efficacy.”

Dr. Lawrence Schachner, Chairman of the Department of Dermatology at the Miller School of Medicine of the University of Miami, and senior author of the article said: “The results of these clinical studies provide further evidence that the HairMax LaserComb may be utilized as an effective option for treating androgenetic alopecia in men and women.”

You can view a video of the lead author of the clinical paper, Dr. Lawrence Schachner and Dr. Joquin Jimenez discussing the clinical paper at this link: http://hairmaxpro.com/study-html/
See more
See less

6 months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 months

I am 31 years old and I have been using the lasercomb for 6 months. To the average person, I do not like like am going bald, however my hair has been receding since I was about 23 years old. Prior to using the lasercomb, I used Nioxin and tried Propecia and Rogaine. I liked Nioxin, however it was expensive. I did not like the side effects of Propecia or the dry scalp from Rogaine. I used Nioxin for the past 3 years and I only used Propecia for 2 months and Rogaine for 1 month. I am currently only using the lasercomb, Redken Headstrong shampoo, Biolage Detangling conditioner and taking 1000 IU of vitamin E and 400 of Biotin daily.

Within the first 5 months, I was experiencing alot of shedding. The shedding has now stopped and returned to a normal daily amount of hair loss. This really bothered me and I actually slowed down using the lasercomb during the first 3 months because I was actually nervous about the shedding. This was a mistake. I believe that by not following the 3x a week schedule at first delayed some of my progress.

It has now been 6 months of use with the lasercomb. I am now only using it 2 - 3x per week. I now have very fine hairs all over the top of my head. They are really visable after I blow dry my hair to me when I get close to the mirror. However, when my hair is wet, I still look like I am thinning. (my hair texture is blond and very fine).
    The main reason I am posting this is because my mother is a Comostologist. On July 2nd, she commented on how good my hair looked. She cuts my hair and I had not told her that I was using the lasercomb. She asked if I was still using my Nioxin. I said no, and told her about the lasercomb. My dad, who is 57 and has very thin hair, is now interested in the lasercomb.

I do not have any before or after photo's. The hairs that I now have would not show up in a normal photo. I will post another update in 3 months.

To the skeptic:
    1. If you are worried about the sheeding, DON'T. It will stop if you use the lasercomb on a weekly basis.
    2. What if it doesn't work: What do you have to loose?
    3. It's too expensive! I have you priced Propecia, Rogaine, Nioxon and hair transplants? Over time, this is the least expensive of all.

My question to Lexington: I feel that Nioxin has helped me retain my hair over the past 3 years, but did not create new growth. Will Nioxin provide added benefits with the lasercomb?

Dear Kl12345,

Hello and thank you for your comments. Hairloss is a gradual process, and when using the HairMax LaserComb, overtime you will see gradual results. Please stay at 3 times a week usage until you are completely satisfied with your results.

In regards to Nioxin, it is a complete system available for men and women with fine or thin-looking, chemically enhanced hair. This system addresses problems associated with noticeably thin-looking hair and allows you to maintain a healthy scalp environment for fuller, thicker, healthier-looking hair. If you would like to use this system in combination with our product, it is completely safe to do so. However, we believe the HairMax LaserComb is effective all by itself.

Lexington Int'l

Comment

I'm curious. When you say "Within the first 5 months, I was experiencing alot of shedding. The shedding has now stopped and returned to a normal daily amount of hair loss" what is your daily amount of shedding? And, more importantly did the daily amount of shedding lessen?

Thanks.

Robin

Comment

My normal amount of shedding was 3-4 visable strands of hair while washing my hair, and 3-4 additional strands of hair while combing and blow drying. I wash my hair twice a day. If I skip washing my hair, my hair loss increases. It is important to note, that my wife looses more hair on a daily basis than I do.

When I first started using the hair comb, my hair loss doubled. I believe that my hair actually got thinner quicker especially around my crown. However, now when I look in the mirror, I can see fine little hairs all over the top of my head.

The new hairs are very small and fine and the shedding has returned to normal. My hope is now that the very small and fine hairs will become long, thick hairs.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Working...
        X