Announcement

Collapse

Landmark HairMax LaserComb Clinical Study Results Published, Proving Efficacy and Safety In Treating Hair Loss

The results of 4 clinical studies conclusively proving the efficacy and safety of the HairMax LaserComb was published in a peer review medical journal in April 2014 and here is a summation of the article.

"The results of four clinical studies on the treatment of male and female pattern hair loss with the HairMax LaserComb, was just published today in a peer-review journal, The American Journal of Clinical Dermatology. The article, Efficacy and Safety of a Low-level Laser Device in the Treatment of Male and Female Pattern Hair Loss: A Multicenter, Randomized, Sham Device-controlled, Double-blind Study was co-authored by renowned experts in the field of hair disorders. The results of these studies have now provided robust and conclusive evidence that the HairMax LaserComb is both effective and safe for the treatment of pattern hair loss in men and women.

This is the link to the clinical article:

http://link.springer.com/article/10....257-013-0060-6

The four clinical studies were conducted under strict Good Clinical Practice Guidelines at multiple study sites, including major teaching institutions of dermatology such as the Cleveland Clinic, University of Minnesota and University of Miami. Enrolled in the study were 225 males and females diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia (male and female pattern hair loss). Subjects received either the HairMax LaserComb or a sham (inactive) device in a randomized, blinded manner so that no one knew which device they were on. The primary efficacy analysis was based on the change in hair count after 26 weeks treatment with the HairMax LaserComb, compared to change in hair count with the sham (inactive) device.

The results of the studies showed that there was an average increase in terminal hair count of over 20 hairs per cm² (equivalent to over 139 hairs per square inch). Additionally, a higher percentage of lasercomb-treated subjects reported overall improvement in hair loss condition and thickness and fullness of hair in self-assessment, compared with sham-treated subjects. No serious adverse events were reported in any subject receiving the lasercomb in any of the studies.

The authors concluded that: “Our results suggest that low-level laser treatment may be an effective option to treat pattern hair loss in men and women”. They also concluded that “Low Level Laser Therapy [LLLT] may provide a promising treatment option for patients who do not respond to either finasteride or minoxidil, and who do not want to undergo hair transplantation.”

The authors also had this overall observation: “…… while topical minoxidil solution or foam is widely used to treat pattern hair loss and is generally well tolerated, the treatment needs to be applied one or twice daily, and be in contact with the scalp for at least 4 hours. Such application can be impractical for many users, leading to noncompliance and reduced efficacy. As an alternative, the lasercomb treatment is safe and easy to apply, with 8-15 minutes of treatment three times per week, and leaves no residue on the scalp. Such user friendliness of the lasercomb may lead to better patient compliance and improved efficacy.”

Dr. Lawrence Schachner, Chairman of the Department of Dermatology at the Miller School of Medicine of the University of Miami, and senior author of the article said: “The results of these clinical studies provide further evidence that the HairMax LaserComb may be utilized as an effective option for treating androgenetic alopecia in men and women.”

You can view a video of the lead author of the clinical paper, Dr. Lawrence Schachner and Dr. Joquin Jimenez discussing the clinical paper at this link: http://hairmaxpro.com/study-html/
See more
See less

No longer working

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No longer working

I started Hairmax about 1 and a half months ago and it seemed to be working within 3 weeks. I was excited. Since then, nothing. It seems that little growth I got now has gone away. Im back to my original pattern.

I dont feel any tingle. Is something wrong? Should I clean the window perhaps that is blocking something? Help

Hello "horje04" and thank you for your post,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not been encouraged by what you perceive as a diminishment of results after continuous treatment with the LaserComb.

However, there are a few issues I would like to address concerning your comments.

First off, you state that you saw results and "little growth" in the first three weeks of treatment. Unfortunately, I would like to agree that you saw growth in the first three weeks of treatment, but this is highly unlikely, and improbable..... just the same as it takes quite a bit of time to lose hair, it takes quite a bit of time (at least several months) to see clear regrowth.

What you were probably noticing is that the LaserComb was making your hair look fuller, healthier, and thicker in the first three weeks.

Now you say that the LaserComb is not working for you and your pattern has continued, and perhaps this could be due to the initial shedding period which sometimes takes place after usage of LaserComb for the first couple of months. Have you noticed an increase in shedding? If so, this could be a sign that the LaserComb is working for you (additionally, it could trigger some fear on your part that it has stopped working for you).

Keep in mind that it is impossible that you are going to experience highly noticeable benefits in a month and a half.

The best advice I can offer you is to persevere through this period of what you consider to be lacking in results, and continue your treatments at 3x a week until you notice considerable benefits.

I am reasonably certain that after several months of treatment you will notice a significant change for the better in the condition of your hair.

Thanks and if you have anymore questions, feel free to direct them to me.

Mike
    Lexington International
    Last edited by Sonia; 01-18-2006, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Ok

Ok, thanks for the update!!!

I will continue. How long do I wait to start seeing results?

Also, how often do I clean the comb? I dont want to get the little window dirty to slow down my growth.

Comment

Dear Horje04,

Hello and thank you for your post. From reading your post you state that you have only been using the LaserComb 1 1/2 month. What Mike said is correct, this is very unlikely as the hair grows approximately a centimeter per month, so it would take at the very minimum 3 months for it to grow 1 to 2 inches.

As to how long you should see benefits? Each individual varies, because each individuals hair condition is different. A typical user should see noticeable benefits within the 12 to 20 week time period.

In regards to cleaning the lens, you may do as needed with a damp cloth.

Sonia

Comment

What if I miss a week?

Over the holidays I missed a week, does the hairgrowth phases start all over again i.e initial shedding and then supposed regrowth?

Comment

Now 4 months and still nothing

I have been using the laser comb for 4 months and still nothing. Should I feel a tingle or anything?

Comment

Dear "horje04",

Hello and thank you for your post. The HairMax LaserComb uses a very safe, gentle laser. You should not experience a tingling sensation, only the feel of the the teeth "combing" through your scalp .
              I invite you to read through this forum. You will come across several posts from people who did not recognize benefits for several months, but are now very pleased with their results. Keep in mind that 45% of our users do not see distinct results until 12-20 weeks.
              For some people who are a bit more resistant to treatment, we have found that they can often benefit by supplementing their treatments with the HairMax vitamins, which are available on this site. You may want to consider this option as I know it has helped others.

Make sure you use your LaserComb as directed - three times a week, 10-15 minutes, on a clean scalp. But most importantly, do not give up hope!

- Angela

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Working...
              X