Announcement

Collapse

Landmark HairMax LaserComb Clinical Study Results Published, Proving Efficacy and Safety In Treating Hair Loss

The results of 4 clinical studies conclusively proving the efficacy and safety of the HairMax LaserComb was published in a peer review medical journal in April 2014 and here is a summation of the article.

"The results of four clinical studies on the treatment of male and female pattern hair loss with the HairMax LaserComb, was just published today in a peer-review journal, The American Journal of Clinical Dermatology. The article, Efficacy and Safety of a Low-level Laser Device in the Treatment of Male and Female Pattern Hair Loss: A Multicenter, Randomized, Sham Device-controlled, Double-blind Study was co-authored by renowned experts in the field of hair disorders. The results of these studies have now provided robust and conclusive evidence that the HairMax LaserComb is both effective and safe for the treatment of pattern hair loss in men and women.

This is the link to the clinical article:

http://link.springer.com/article/10....257-013-0060-6

The four clinical studies were conducted under strict Good Clinical Practice Guidelines at multiple study sites, including major teaching institutions of dermatology such as the Cleveland Clinic, University of Minnesota and University of Miami. Enrolled in the study were 225 males and females diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia (male and female pattern hair loss). Subjects received either the HairMax LaserComb or a sham (inactive) device in a randomized, blinded manner so that no one knew which device they were on. The primary efficacy analysis was based on the change in hair count after 26 weeks treatment with the HairMax LaserComb, compared to change in hair count with the sham (inactive) device.

The results of the studies showed that there was an average increase in terminal hair count of over 20 hairs per cm² (equivalent to over 139 hairs per square inch). Additionally, a higher percentage of lasercomb-treated subjects reported overall improvement in hair loss condition and thickness and fullness of hair in self-assessment, compared with sham-treated subjects. No serious adverse events were reported in any subject receiving the lasercomb in any of the studies.

The authors concluded that: “Our results suggest that low-level laser treatment may be an effective option to treat pattern hair loss in men and women”. They also concluded that “Low Level Laser Therapy [LLLT] may provide a promising treatment option for patients who do not respond to either finasteride or minoxidil, and who do not want to undergo hair transplantation.”

The authors also had this overall observation: “…… while topical minoxidil solution or foam is widely used to treat pattern hair loss and is generally well tolerated, the treatment needs to be applied one or twice daily, and be in contact with the scalp for at least 4 hours. Such application can be impractical for many users, leading to noncompliance and reduced efficacy. As an alternative, the lasercomb treatment is safe and easy to apply, with 8-15 minutes of treatment three times per week, and leaves no residue on the scalp. Such user friendliness of the lasercomb may lead to better patient compliance and improved efficacy.”

Dr. Lawrence Schachner, Chairman of the Department of Dermatology at the Miller School of Medicine of the University of Miami, and senior author of the article said: “The results of these clinical studies provide further evidence that the HairMax LaserComb may be utilized as an effective option for treating androgenetic alopecia in men and women.”

You can view a video of the lead author of the clinical paper, Dr. Lawrence Schachner and Dr. Joquin Jimenez discussing the clinical paper at this link: http://hairmaxpro.com/study-html/
See more
See less

Pictures / photos - to be updated monthly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures / photos - to be updated monthly

Hi All - Nov 9th 2005
    as I've just dropped a bundle on this product (and many others) I thought I'd take pics of the progress 1. for my own record and 2. for everyone else’s.

Here's my background so you know what I've done, tried etc.
    I'm now 27
    I started losing my hair very young and had a noticeable receding hairline at 17.
    At 19 I went to Ashley and martin and started using minoxidil 5% lotion (which also contained some retin A) combined with Saw Palmetto tablets and some other shampoo products they gave me.
    Yes this product started to work very well for me and after a period of 6 months I was gaining significant re-growth (I was almost worried people would notice too much), however I could not afford to continually buy the product and it always felt like my head was going to burn off + I suffered extreme dandruff problems, despite all the shampoo and conditioners I bought from them I couldn't stop this.
    I used minoxidil on and off from 19 - 24 but never had the same results of hair regrowth again as my initial burst and was never able to financially continue buying the products.
    At 25 I then saw a higher concentrate of minoxidil sold by Dr. Klein http://www.physicianshairgrowth.com/.
    I decided to give this a go and used a nioxin shampoo, remox 2 cream and remox 1 spray with saw palmetto tablets etc. I also got some proscar tablets and had a 1/4 a day for a 2 month period. I used this Remox for a period of 6 months straight and noticed some minor gains and my hair thickened slightly but again after a while could no longer afford to continue payments so stopped (plus I went OS).
    In between I tried some Chinese herbal shampoo and a seaweed type cream that smelt like someone had taken a dump on my head (I stopped using this after 4 weeks as even my own self doubt from my thinning hair was better than smelling like sh!t).
    For a year + to more recently I have not used any products and my hair is becoming substantially thinner (particularly in sunlight). Whilst my hairline "seems" to have ceased receding, the frontal area of my head of hair has what looks to be an island moving away from the mainland. The photos attached (side view) may not show this however I will take others to as well and post in one months time.
    Now I am 27 and can financially afford any or all of the treatments I want (as I have no dependants) and aim to have everything back (or at least a hell of allot better) in 2 years or so to look good at my wedding.
    I have just ordered the LC today so will document the results as I go.
    I would like to point out that for the last 4 weeks I have been using remox 3 and remox 2 cream and spray as well as taking Saw Palmetto tablets and I just today started to include a 1/4 tablet of proscar as well. I also take a multi vitamin called hair vitamins that contains zinc, niacin, folic acid, b-12, iron, iodine, copper, magnesium etc.
    Tonight I will take wet & dry combed, parted and whatever else pictures and use this site as a diary once a month - I will also note the date the LC arrives etc and when I started using that.
    Whilst using multiple products at the one time may make it difficult to pin point which one exactly is working - I know that past success with minoxidil has in more recent times done very little, so I'm hoping the combination of all will actually work and I'll have a noticeable regrowth.
    To be continued on the 9th Dec 2005 (I have it in my diary and will not forget)

hairLOSER
    Attached Files

right - apologies about the delay in this update -
    Got the laser comb on the 16th Nov (took me a while to find the time to get to the post office).
    Have used it every second day.
    Thus far in combination with other treatments it seems to be going pretty well.
    The minoxidil and topical lotions have in the past always made my haor very dry and brittle (even when using moisturising conditioner and creams).
    I did have an initial sh!t load of shedding that caused a few concerns but this has since reduced considerably and even when washing my hair there is less coming out.
    In terms of regrowth or thickening there has been no noticeable difference.
    Since it hasn't even been a full month yet I'll update on Jan 9th

cheers
    HL

Comment

update 3

well we're into Jan and this is the update -
      I have not had a haircut and probably need to.
      This said my hair has started to shed at it's normal rate again and none of the products feel or look as if theyr're doing anything. I will admit that for a period of 1 week I used absoultely nothing as I was on holidays with friends getting retardedly drunk!
      Attached are pics - sorry if they are a little unclear but it ain't easy taking photos of your own noggin.
      Attached Files

Comment

next lot of pics -
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Working...
        X