X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• progress?

Hello,

I am 30 years old, and just started using the HM lasercomb at the beginning of September. I had (and continue to) been using Rogaine 5% 1x per day, as per a doctor's suggestion, since October 2005. Also, I have been using the Nioxin haircare line for about 5 or 6 months. I also stopped taking a birth control pill that's supposedly bad for hair (Alesse), and switched to Diane temporarily and now Marvelon. I suppose each treatment has made a minor contribution, but I hold out hope that the lasercomb will be the "piece de la resistance" of this whole ordeal.

In the past weeks, I've noticed a true softening of my hair; unfortunately, while I originally thought it felt thicker, the last few days, my hair has started to feel somewhat more limp and requires quite a bit of (pantene thickening) hair spray to stay put.

I am trying to be optimistic- to think that the softening and healthier feel of my hair is a sign that the comb is starting to work, but I would love to hear from others who are farther along in the process to see if this is really a good sign, or just my imagination (or just my shampoo). Also, any feedback from staff is very welcome!

Thanks and best to all...

Hello again 30yogal,

See our response to your previous posting here: http://www.hairmaxforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873

Basically, the noticed improvements in texture are a great early sign that the LaserComb is effective for you. As for noticing that your hair is limp, perhaps it is time to switch shampoo's. Your hair will have a gradual but noticeable build up from using one particular brand of shampoo, particularly if it is a brand that is not all natural. Try switching brands for a bit or use a clarifiying shampoo once or twice a week. You will likely notice that after you remove the build up on your hair it will not feel limp or weighed down.

Best of luck on your journey!

Alex

Comment

scalp irritation 3-4 months in

Hello,

An update: my hair does seem thicker, though the hair at the crown continues to feel thin and get very easily tangled. I know that this is my true problem area, so I hope that it will just take longer to improve but I will still observe improvement there.

Other than that, one thing I am curious/bewildered about is the fact that my scalp has become increasingly irritated of late. It is red, and feels itchy, and has more dandruff, mostly in the crown area. Again, I use Nioxin most days, with the exception of Nizoral 1x/week.

I have been using my HairMax religiously (i.e. 3x per week every other day), so I am surprised my scalp condition has not been on the up and up.

Any advice? I would really like to hear your tips/others' experience and advice!

Thank you and happy holidays...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Working...
      X