Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will shedding caused by comb subside?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will shedding caused by comb subside?

Dear Hairmax,

Iím entering the 9th week of treatment with the laser comb and am using it three times a week as directed. From the onset of treatment, I have experienced moderate to heavy shedding as opposed to my normal light shedding. I am especially worried because I am now experiencing hair loss in two areas of my head where my hair has always been thick. Moreover, I am now shedding my thickest, darkest hairs as opposed to my thinner, lighter ones. To date, I have not noticed any significant improvement in my hair other than the fact that it is softer following treatment.

I understand that more moderate shedding does occur early in the treatment, that results vary, and that the comb is ultimately supposed to regrow approximately 20% of your hair. Should the increased shedding have slowed by now? Will the hair loss caused by the comb grow back just as thick if I stop using it? Will it grow back at all?

Iím trying to figure out if I should stop using the comb with the idea that if I lose 30% of my hair and regrow 20% of it, is it really helping?

Please adviseÖ

Hairmax Lasercomb Efficacy

Hi OCM -

Thank you for your post.

Shedding hair after beginning use of the HairMax LaserComb is normal. However, the length of time that this occurs varies from individual to individual so it is impossible to predict when this will stop.

It is also important to realize that hair goes through various cycles of growth, i.e. shedding, rest and regrowth even when the HairMax LaserComb is used. Therefore, the thicker hairs you are shedding might be occurring from the normal cycle. If however, the loss of these hairs is due to progression of androgenetic alopecia, then the HairMax LaseComb will regrow them providing that the follicles are still viable. Sometimes hair loss in certain areas is permanent since the hair follicles are no longer functioning.

Our suggestion is to keep using the HairMax LaserComb for the full course of treatment. The device itself does not cause permanent hair loss - such loss is due to the normal progression of the condition.

We wish you continued success with the HairMax LaserComb.

LAS

Comment

Just like OCM I am at 9 weeks of treatment with the Laser Comb and I have shed a lot of hair. I'm a little freaked out because I never dreamed that I would lose so much hair and I thought the shedding would have stopped by now. My hairloss has been very slow over the last 15years but now it has dramatically accelerated! Mostly my hairloss has been limited to a slowly receding hairline, now the top of my head has become very thin (no change in hairline) with lots of scalp showing through - looks very bad under bright light.

Is there anything that someone can tell me to calm my fears that I have just made a moderate problem into a very bad one???

Comment

Hairmax Lasercomb And Hair Shedding

Hi JNG -

Thank you for your post.

The loss of telogen or fine wispy hair is in fact the hallmark that the HairMax LaserComb is working. In addition to shedding from treatment, you will be losing some hairs as part of the normal hair growth, shedding, resting, growing cycle.

There is no way to predict how the HairMax LaserComb will work in each individual, so the best advice we have it to go the full course of 20 to 26 weeks of treatment to judge final results.

We wish you success in your use of the HairMax Lasercomb.

LAS

Comment

Just like OCM and JNG I also have been shedding excessive hair to include my normal thick hair and thin hair. I've been using the LC for over six months and the shedding hasn't slowed down a bit in compared to not using the LC six months ago. Dear LAS, do you suggest since I have completed my full cycle and exceeded that, and since I haven't seen a lot of gain out of the LC should I just stop using it? You previously advised the rest to complete their full cycle and since I already have I am anxious to know what your response will be. Please Advise.

Comment

Hairmax Lasercomb And Shedding

Hi Sabo -

Thank you for your post.

We recommend that use of the HairMax LaserComb continue indefinitely because it has been found with increased, overall hair health will be better from use of the device. Hair goes through lengthy cycles of growth, shedding, rest and growth so you may be in one of these cycles.

We are not sure if you stop use of the HairMax Lasercomb whether you would see even more shedding if you stopped using the device so we recommend that you continue using the HairMax.

We wish you success in your further use of the HairMax LaserComb.

LAS
            Last edited by LAS; 07-02-2009, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Working...
            X