Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alopecia areata

Hello, I have been using the lasercomb for about 16 weeks now and I have seen no benefits. I think that my hair has gone more worse. After researching a little on the internet I think I have alopecia areata - I have a thinning patch which seems to be getting bigger. What I want to know is that will the lasercomb work for people with alopecia areata?

Thanks

Hairmax And Alopecia Areata

Hi ihmf -

Thank you for you post -

Unfortunately, alopecia areata is caused by a different mechanism than that which causes hererditary pattern baldness. The HairMax LaserComb has not been studied for use in alopecia areata, and therefore the chances of the device working on that condition are unknown.

We would suggest that you see a dermatologist to assure that you have the proper diagnosis and if you do have androgenetic alopecia, we suggest that you continue to use the HairMax as the device will increase hair health.

LAS

Comment

Actually after doing a bit more research on the internet, i think i may diffuse alopecia - it is thinning on the top of my head. Does lasercomb work for that?

Also are you doing any tests to see if laser comb works for alopecia areata and Diffuse alopecia.

Thanks

Comment

Hairmax Lasercomb Indication

Hi ihmf -

The HairMax LaserComb is indicated only for treatment of certain classes of androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness.

We plan to conduct some studies in the future to judge the efficacy of the HairMax in alopecia areata. As for diffuse hair loss, if the loss is heriditary in nature, than the HairMax will work for that condition.

Thank you for your interest in the HairMax LaserComb.

LAS

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Working...
        X