Announcement

Collapse

Landmark HairMax LaserComb Clinical Study Results Published, Proving Efficacy and Safety In Treating Hair Loss

The results of 4 clinical studies conclusively proving the efficacy and safety of the HairMax LaserComb was published in a peer review medical journal in April 2014 and here is a summation of the article.

"The results of four clinical studies on the treatment of male and female pattern hair loss with the HairMax LaserComb, was just published today in a peer-review journal, The American Journal of Clinical Dermatology. The article, Efficacy and Safety of a Low-level Laser Device in the Treatment of Male and Female Pattern Hair Loss: A Multicenter, Randomized, Sham Device-controlled, Double-blind Study was co-authored by renowned experts in the field of hair disorders. The results of these studies have now provided robust and conclusive evidence that the HairMax LaserComb is both effective and safe for the treatment of pattern hair loss in men and women.

This is the link to the clinical article:

http://link.springer.com/article/10....257-013-0060-6

The four clinical studies were conducted under strict Good Clinical Practice Guidelines at multiple study sites, including major teaching institutions of dermatology such as the Cleveland Clinic, University of Minnesota and University of Miami. Enrolled in the study were 225 males and females diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia (male and female pattern hair loss). Subjects received either the HairMax LaserComb or a sham (inactive) device in a randomized, blinded manner so that no one knew which device they were on. The primary efficacy analysis was based on the change in hair count after 26 weeks treatment with the HairMax LaserComb, compared to change in hair count with the sham (inactive) device.

The results of the studies showed that there was an average increase in terminal hair count of over 20 hairs per cm² (equivalent to over 139 hairs per square inch). Additionally, a higher percentage of lasercomb-treated subjects reported overall improvement in hair loss condition and thickness and fullness of hair in self-assessment, compared with sham-treated subjects. No serious adverse events were reported in any subject receiving the lasercomb in any of the studies.

The authors concluded that: “Our results suggest that low-level laser treatment may be an effective option to treat pattern hair loss in men and women”. They also concluded that “Low Level Laser Therapy [LLLT] may provide a promising treatment option for patients who do not respond to either finasteride or minoxidil, and who do not want to undergo hair transplantation.”

The authors also had this overall observation: “…… while topical minoxidil solution or foam is widely used to treat pattern hair loss and is generally well tolerated, the treatment needs to be applied one or twice daily, and be in contact with the scalp for at least 4 hours. Such application can be impractical for many users, leading to noncompliance and reduced efficacy. As an alternative, the lasercomb treatment is safe and easy to apply, with 8-15 minutes of treatment three times per week, and leaves no residue on the scalp. Such user friendliness of the lasercomb may lead to better patient compliance and improved efficacy.”

Dr. Lawrence Schachner, Chairman of the Department of Dermatology at the Miller School of Medicine of the University of Miami, and senior author of the article said: “The results of these clinical studies provide further evidence that the HairMax LaserComb may be utilized as an effective option for treating androgenetic alopecia in men and women.”

You can view a video of the lead author of the clinical paper, Dr. Lawrence Schachner and Dr. Joquin Jimenez discussing the clinical paper at this link: http://hairmaxpro.com/study-html/
See more
See less

Finally!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally!!!!!

I have been using the comb now for about 3 months and was starting to have my doubts, but I can finally say that I am being astonished at what I am beginning to see...new tiny hairs sprouting up all over the place, especially around the hairline!!! It seems to have started all at once in the last two weeks and people around me are starting to comment on it saying my hair looks fuller because of all the tiny hairs filling the voids. At first I did notice that the texture of my hair did start to feel thicker, but I didn't know if I was imagining it or not, and was skeptical of any new hair appearing. I really do hope it progresses as quickly as it is now and only time will tell. I will start taking before and after pictures and I urge the rest of you to do the same. I'm still at the stage where the hairs are still too small and thin to make the difference I want, but if it does continue in the progression it is making, I'm guessing that withing the next six months, I will have really positive results. The only problem I currently have is I comb my hair back, and it used to lie flat on my head, really hiding the thinning that I had, but since I've been using the comb, it just wants to stand straight up because it is now pretty stiff. I'm sure this would be a benefit to some people, but I might have to change hairstyles because of it. I really feel the money back guarantee should be longer than the 8 weeks, because like myself, I only started realizing the results now, and I'm sure many people would return the product too early without realizing the potential results.

Re: Finally!!!!!

Joe,

How many times per week are you using the comb?

Comment

Hi Joe!

You might want to try hair-wax, great help in wrestling that hair

Comment

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your great and encouraging posting.

We are finding almost all users are seeing very exciting results over time.

I appreciate your comments about the money back guarantee offered. The 8 week time is not etched in stone. Our main interest is that the LaserComb works for the individual. Postive user experiences and customer satisfaction is our main focus. However we do believe that at the end of 8-weeks, people should either know if they want to continue use or return it.

Please keep us posted on your continued results.

DM

Comment

Hi joe

1)How many times per week & how long each time did you use the comb?
          2) wouldn't you stay the comb on the same area more than 5 sec?

Comment

The first couple of weeks, I used the comb twice a week and then once a week after that because I target the affected areas for longer. On the areas that are affected more than others, I usually leave the comb there for longer than five seconds to get better absorbtion of the light. I usually feel a warm sensation after I use it and my hair feels stiffer. I make two passes on the shedding areas. So far, I think the shedding has reduced a bit, and the little hairs I'm noticing are very fine and small and scattered right up to the hairline. This is encouraging for me because I haven't noticed anything in months trying other products. Other than a daily vitamin regime, I also started using a zinc, boric acid, starch and water topical solution a couple of weeks ago, but I don't think the effects of that would have appeared so quickly. I've been using the comb for about 3-4 months now. Hope this answers your questions.

Comment

What's the zinc, boric acid, starch solution? Do you buy it or do you mix it yourself? Our dog once had a problem with hairloss on his ears and after very expensive testing ($350.00) the vet told us to try zinc and vitamin A supplements a $15.00 solution. Within a 2 week period the hair grew back. The vet said that due to us feeding the same food to our dog he must have not been getting the appropriate vitamins and minerals he needed. I am considering buying the lasercomb but your solution has stirred my curiosity.
              Thanks, V

Comment

I have been using it for 3 mos as well and just started noticing the results.......like you, it came all of a sudden! Now I'm really excited about it and hope it will keep on working! 3-4 mos is a good money back guarantee.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                Working...
                X