Announcement

Collapse

Landmark HairMax LaserComb Clinical Study Results Published, Proving Efficacy and Safety In Treating Hair Loss

The results of 4 clinical studies conclusively proving the efficacy and safety of the HairMax LaserComb was published in a peer review medical journal in April 2014 and here is a summation of the article.

"The results of four clinical studies on the treatment of male and female pattern hair loss with the HairMax LaserComb, was just published today in a peer-review journal, The American Journal of Clinical Dermatology. The article, Efficacy and Safety of a Low-level Laser Device in the Treatment of Male and Female Pattern Hair Loss: A Multicenter, Randomized, Sham Device-controlled, Double-blind Study was co-authored by renowned experts in the field of hair disorders. The results of these studies have now provided robust and conclusive evidence that the HairMax LaserComb is both effective and safe for the treatment of pattern hair loss in men and women.

This is the link to the clinical article:

http://link.springer.com/article/10....257-013-0060-6

The four clinical studies were conducted under strict Good Clinical Practice Guidelines at multiple study sites, including major teaching institutions of dermatology such as the Cleveland Clinic, University of Minnesota and University of Miami. Enrolled in the study were 225 males and females diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia (male and female pattern hair loss). Subjects received either the HairMax LaserComb or a sham (inactive) device in a randomized, blinded manner so that no one knew which device they were on. The primary efficacy analysis was based on the change in hair count after 26 weeks treatment with the HairMax LaserComb, compared to change in hair count with the sham (inactive) device.

The results of the studies showed that there was an average increase in terminal hair count of over 20 hairs per cm² (equivalent to over 139 hairs per square inch). Additionally, a higher percentage of lasercomb-treated subjects reported overall improvement in hair loss condition and thickness and fullness of hair in self-assessment, compared with sham-treated subjects. No serious adverse events were reported in any subject receiving the lasercomb in any of the studies.

The authors concluded that: “Our results suggest that low-level laser treatment may be an effective option to treat pattern hair loss in men and women”. They also concluded that “Low Level Laser Therapy [LLLT] may provide a promising treatment option for patients who do not respond to either finasteride or minoxidil, and who do not want to undergo hair transplantation.”

The authors also had this overall observation: “…… while topical minoxidil solution or foam is widely used to treat pattern hair loss and is generally well tolerated, the treatment needs to be applied one or twice daily, and be in contact with the scalp for at least 4 hours. Such application can be impractical for many users, leading to noncompliance and reduced efficacy. As an alternative, the lasercomb treatment is safe and easy to apply, with 8-15 minutes of treatment three times per week, and leaves no residue on the scalp. Such user friendliness of the lasercomb may lead to better patient compliance and improved efficacy.”

Dr. Lawrence Schachner, Chairman of the Department of Dermatology at the Miller School of Medicine of the University of Miami, and senior author of the article said: “The results of these clinical studies provide further evidence that the HairMax LaserComb may be utilized as an effective option for treating androgenetic alopecia in men and women.”

You can view a video of the lead author of the clinical paper, Dr. Lawrence Schachner and Dr. Joquin Jimenez discussing the clinical paper at this link: http://hairmaxpro.com/study-html/
See more
See less

New user

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user

Hey guys, just dropping a line to let people here know that I recently received my Laser Comb and I will be updating people concerning my results. It seems to be a well designed and quality product in a nice sturdy case...after combing slowly through my hair as directed for about 10 minutes I did notice some shed hairs in the sink which I suspect is from the comb ends, which should probably be bulb-tipped instead of sharp. If you ever offer this option as a superior alternative to your stock comb attatchment, let me know as I would want to purchase that. During the day after I used the Laser comb for the first time I was more aware of my scalp, which felt more energized...I realize this is purely a subjective awareness but it felt as though the blood-flow to my scalp had been enhanced, and it still feels that way.
    I have a pretty intensive topical and oral regimen to keep what hair I have left and provide for regrowth:
    5% minoxidil 2X daily (+ retin-a in the evening) - growth stimulator
    1mg Propecia daily - DHT suppressor
    Tricomin Solution 1X daily - growth/healing agent
    Spironolactone every evening (Lipoxidil's 2% Spirocream w/zinc oxide) - DHT
    NANO Shampoo and Conditioner - growth/healing agent
    Nizoral 1% shampoo - anti irritant/growth stimulator

This regimen has kept the hair on my head and provided for some regrowth, but I am always looking to enhance my regimen and maximize my gains...thus the Laser Comb.

Peace

Re: New user

Spyguy,

I would be really interested in your updates. I am also in finasteride and in minoxidil right now, somewhat satisfied already with the gains but still hope for some more growth. I do not know if the comb will provide that for me.

I will wait.

Ike

Comment

Spyguy- you're using an awful lot of stuff! Is it possible that all those lotions could clog your hair follicle? Just wondering? Also, I just purchased the Tricomin- have you seen any positive results with that? I use it AFTER I use the lasercomb. How did you get Spironolactone? I've heard it's GREAT for suppressing DHT! These sorry dermatologists around here don't even know what it is! They haven't even heard of Dutasteride! I think I know more about hairloss than they do......isn't that crazy?!! I don't think they do their homework- they just say, "Take Rogaine or Propecia" and say everything else is a SCAM and don't even waste your money! I tried Rogaine for a year and my scalp itched and flaked like CRAZY and it was only the 2%!!! I can't go that route ever EVER again! Anyways, any positive results from Tricomin?

Comment

M.W.: <<<Spyguy- you're using an awful lot of stuff! Is it possible that all those lotions could clog your hair follicle? Just wondering?>>>

No, "clogging" the hair follicles with the treatments I use is the farthest thing from my mind. I have gotten results with my treatment regimen. Many well-respected hair-loss researchers and doctors recommend using a "kitchen-sink" approach to treating MPB by hitting it hard from all angles...specifically by attacking the problem with a balanced mix of nutritional supplements, growth stimulators, anti-androgen/DHT inhibitors, and healing agents. I cover all my bases:

Nutritional Supplements:
        B Vitamins (in a good multi-vitamin/mineral tab)
        L-Cysteine
        Zinc
        MSM
        Bioten
        Fo-Ti (Ho-Shou-Wu)
        Gingko-Biloba
        Water
        Protein
        Exercise
        Positive Belief System

Growth Stimulators:
        5% Minoxidil + Retin-a
        Copper-Peptide solutions (Tricomin or Folligen Therapy Solutions)
        Topical Nitric Oxide (NANO)
        Lasercomb (?)

Anti-Androgen/DHT inhibitors:
        Propecia/Proscar (Finasteride)
        5% Spironolactone Lotion
        or
        Revivogen
        Lasercomb(?)

Healing Agents:
        Tricomin Therapy Solution
        or
        Folligen Therapy Solution
        Nizoral 1% Shampoo
        Head & Shoulders Shampoo
        Folligen Therapy Shampoo
        Lasercomb(?)

I OBVIOUSLY do not just pour all these things on my head all at once. There is an educated method to applying topicals throughout each day without losing your soul in the process and becoming a slave to the regimen.

My daily topical application time takes under 3 minutes. During my morning shower I allow either Nizoral, NANO, or whatever shampoo I am using that morning (I like to rotate them) to sit on my scalp while I am showering/shaving, then I rinse. I then apply my morning minoxidil application on my towel-dried scalp...15 seconds. The alcohol in the solution acts as the penetrating agent so I give it 10-15 minutes to air dry before I blow-dry my hair with cool air only. I get dressed and go through my morning routine while the minox is drying naturally. I use Dr. Lee's 5% Minoxidil Day Solution because it contains less proplyene glycol and more alcohol. Proplyene Glycol is what makes Rogaine greasy and hard to style with, and it also cause scalp irritation in many users. This is probably the reason why your scalp became irritated while using 2% minoxidil...it is not the minox, but the proplyene glycol that is causing the irritation. Dr. Lee's regular 5% minoxidil solutions contain less proplyene glycol and many people find that using his formula completely eliminates irritation. Go to www. minoxidil.com for more infor. I highly recommend his regular 5% minoxidil solutions.

In the evening I wash my hair briefly with baby shampoo, then apply my evening minoxidil + retin-a application the same way. Only use retin-a in the evening as it is photo-sensitive. I use Dr. Lee's 5% Minoxidil Night Solution which contains retin-a, and I use it every other evening only. On the other evenings I apply either Dr. Lee's regular 5% minox (Day Solution) or Rogaine Extra-Strength. A little later in the evening I apply 1 ml of either Tricomin or Folligen Therapy Solutions with a dropper directly onto the scalp. Tricomin is better before dates and social events because it absorbs quickly, conditions your hair, and is great to style with. Folligen is a bit stronger but makes your hair a mess so if you use it don't make any plans afterwards.

Then before bed I apply Dr. Lee's 5% Spironolactone lotion to my problem areas, or I apply Revivogen. These two treatments whould be the last things you apply before bed and like all the above treatments they are designed to sit on and penetrate the scalp. In the morning wash them out. I like to mix things up every now and then to keep my hair follicles from developing a tolerance to any treatments.

The Lasercomb is actually the most time-intensive treatment in my regimen. I believe that it "may" be enhancing the effectiveness of my topical treatments. It certainly has made some cosmetic enhancemants to my hair. I just posted under 3 MONTH UPDATE if you want to learn more.

The most important thing is to NOT BECOME A SLAVE TO APPLYING THESE TREATMENTS. My social life is more important than having to run home to apply my minox. If a girlfriend is spending the night the spiro stays in the cabinet. When I go out on the weekends I will skip a minox application at night and use Tricomin instead. I don't sweat it. Keep your ZEN.

<<<Also, I just purchased the Tricomin- have you seen any positive results with that? I use it AFTER I use the lasercomb. >>>

That is a very intelligent move on your part...the copper-peptides in Tricomin are healing agents, and I do the same thing. I also believe that using minoxidil after a treatment will immediately enhance the effectiveness of it. Blood flow and possibly cellular activity is immediately increased after a Lasercomb session.

<<<How did you get Spironolactone? I've heard it's GREAT for suppressing DHT! >>>

I get mine from Dr. Lee at www.minoxidil.com. You need to pay $20 for an on-line consultation before purchasing his prescription products, but it is well worth it!

<<<I tried Rogaine for a year and my scalp itched and flaked like CRAZY and it was only the 2%!!! I can't go that route ever EVER again! >>>

Like I said, do yourself a favor and purchase Dr. Lee's 5% Minoxidil and you should have no problem with irritation. Many users report back that they can finally use minoxidil again after trying his solution. You don't need his Xandrox, just go with his regular 5% Day & Night solutions. The Night Solutions contains retin-a, so be careful to build up to every other evening or so with that as it can cause initial irritation if you over-do it...but using Tricomin along with it should minimize any irritation you may encounter.

<<<Anyways, any positive results from Tricomin?>>>

I think that incorporating a copper-peptide solution into a regimen can only benefit it. They are cellular healing agents, possibly mild DHT inhibitors, and growth stimulators comparable to 1-2% minoxidil. I have had positive results with Folligen in healing an irritated scalp, but you can only use it at night if you are staying in because it is messy. Tricomin is an excellent product also, maybe a little weaker than Folligen, but easier to style your hair with. I believe that besides normalizing the environment of the scalp which allows for healthy hair growth, it may speed up the rate at which your hair grows along with conditioning it.

Good Luck.

spyguy

Comment

M.W. - The above post should have read like this:

M.W. - "Spyguy- you're using an awful lot of stuff! Is it possible that all those lotions could clog your hair follicle? Just wondering?"

No, "clogging" the hair follicles with the treatments I use is the farthest thing from my mind. I have gotten results with my treatment regimen. Many well-respected hair-loss researchers and doctors recommend using a "kitchen-sink" approach to treating MPB by hitting it hard from all angles...specifically by attacking the problem with a balanced mix of nutritional supplements, growth stimulators, anti-androgen/DHT inhibitors, and healing agents. I cover all my bases:

Nutritional Supplements:
          B Vitamins (in a good multi-vitamin/mineral tab)
          L-Cysteine
          Zinc
          MSM
          Bioten
          Fo-Ti (Ho-Shou-Wu)
          Gingko-Biloba
          Water
          Protein
          Exercise
          Positive Belief System

Growth Stimulators:
          5% Minoxidil + Retin-a
          Copper-Peptide solutions (Tricomin or Folligen Therapy Solutions)
          Topical Nitric Oxide (NANO)
          Lasercomb (?)

Anti-Androgen/DHT inhibitors:
          Propecia/Proscar (Finasteride)
          5% Spironolactone Lotion
          or
          Revivogen
          Lasercomb(?)

Healing Agents:
          Tricomin Therapy Solution
          or
          Folligen Therapy Solution
          Nizoral 1% Shampoo
          Head & Shoulders Shampoo
          Folligen Therapy Shampoo
          Lasercomb(?)

I OBVIOUSLY do not just pour all these things on my head all at once. There is an educated method to applying topicals throughout each day without losing your soul in the process and becoming a slave to the regimen.

My daily topical application time takes under 3 minutes. During my morning shower I allow either Nizoral, NANO, or whatever shampoo I am using that morning (I like to rotate them) to sit on my scalp while I am showering/shaving, then I rinse. I then apply my morning minoxidil application on my towel-dried scalp...15 seconds. The alcohol in the solution acts as the penetrating agent so I give it 10-15 minutes to air dry before I blow-dry my hair with cool air only. I get dressed and go through my morning routine while the minox is drying naturally. I use Dr. Lee's 5% Minoxidil Day Solution because it contains less proplyene glycol and more alcohol. Proplyene Glycol is what makes Rogaine greasy and hard to style with, and it also cause scalp irritation in many users. This is probably the reason why your scalp became irritated while using 2% minoxidil...it is not the minox, but the proplyene glycol that is causing the irritation. Dr. Lee's regular 5% minoxidil solutions contain less proplyene glycol and many people find that using his formula completely eliminates irritation. Go to www. minoxidil.com for more infor. I highly recommend his regular 5% minoxidil solutions.

In the evening I wash my hair briefly with baby shampoo, then apply my evening minoxidil + retin-a application the same way. Only use retin-a in the evening as it is photo-sensitive. I use Dr. Lee's 5% Minoxidil Night Solution which contains retin-a, and I use it every other evening only. On the other evenings I apply either Dr. Lee's regular 5% minox (Day Solution) or Rogaine Extra-Strength. A little later in the evening I apply 1 ml of either Tricomin or Folligen Therapy Solutions with a dropper directly onto the scalp. Tricomin is better before dates and social events because it absorbs quickly, conditions your hair, and is great to style with. Folligen is a bit stronger but makes your hair a mess so if you use it don't make any plans afterwards.

Then before bed I apply Dr. Lee's 5% Spironolactone lotion to my problem areas, or I apply Revivogen. These two treatments whould be the last things you apply before bed and like all the above treatments they are designed to sit on and penetrate the scalp. In the morning wash them out. I like to mix things up every now and then to keep my hair follicles from developing a tolerance to any treatments.

The Lasercomb is actually the most time-intensive treatment in my regimen. I believe that it "may" be enhancing the effectiveness of my topical treatments. It certainly has made some cosmetic enhancemants to my hair. I just posted under 3 MONTH UPDATE if you want to learn more.

The most important thing is to NOT BECOME A SLAVE TO APPLYING THESE TREATMENTS. My social life is more important than having to run home to apply my minox. If a girlfriend is spending the night the spiro stays in the cabinet. When I go out on the weekends I will skip a minox application at night and use Tricomin instead. I don't sweat it. Keep your ZEN.

M.W. - "Also, I just purchased the Tricomin- have you seen any positive results with that? I use it AFTER I use the lasercomb."

That is a very intelligent move on your part...the copper-peptides in Tricomin are healing agents, and I do the same thing. I also believe that using minoxidil after a treatment will immediately enhance the effectiveness of it. Blood flow and possibly cellular activity is immediately increased after a Lasercomb session.

M.W. - "How did you get Spironolactone? I've heard it's GREAT for suppressing DHT!"

I get mine from Dr. Lee at www.minoxidil.com. You need to pay $20 for an on-line consultation before purchasing his prescription products, but it is well worth it!

M.W. - "I tried Rogaine for a year and my scalp itched and flaked like CRAZY and it was only the 2%!!! I can't go that route ever EVER again! "

Like I said, do yourself a favor and purchase Dr. Lee's 5% Minoxidil and you should have no problem with irritation. Many users report back that they can finally use minoxidil again after trying his solution. You don't need his Xandrox, just go with his regular 5% Day & Night solutions. The Night Solutions contains retin-a, so be careful to build up to every other evening or so with that as it can cause initial irritation if you over-do it...but using Tricomin along with it should minimize any irritation you may encounter.

M.W. - "Anyways, any positive results from Tricomin? "

I think that incorporating a copper-peptide solution into a regimen can only benefit it. They are cellular healing agents, possibly mild DHT inhibitors, and growth stimulators comparable to 1-2% minoxidil. I have had positive results with Folligen in healing an irritated scalp, but you can only use it at night if you are staying in because it is messy. Tricomin is an excellent product also, maybe a little weaker than Folligen, but easier to style your hair with. I believe that besides normalizing the environment of the scalp which allows for healthy hair growth, it may speed up the rate at which your hair grows along with conditioning it.

Good Luck.

spyguy

Comment

Thanks for going through all that trouble to reply with such an indepth response! I appreciate that! I'll go to that website and maybe order the Spironolactone. Are you going to order the FNS when it comes out next month? That looks promising. How is you hairloss? Mild? Mine is starting to thin on the crown, and the temple area, but not that bad, yet (?) I'm a "she" and losing hair where men lose theirs. That sucks hah?! I (luckily) have alot of hair but it's very VERY fine and thinning. I believe (it's gotta be) the miniturization process going on, & I'm hoping the hair that's falling out will be replaced with healthy stronger hair. I don't know though? Just hoping. For the last year and a half I've really done my research and taken my vitamins and quit smoking (it increases DHT so they say) and started working out and using different products. I just want it to get back to the way it was 2 yrs. ago. It's such a looooooooooong process! You have to have ALOT of patience and YES, good mindset too. I once heard a saying that "The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, or a hell of heaven." Once for about a solid 8 mos. it fell out in handfuls and it was the WORSE thing I've ever gone through in my entire life! My hands shook when I combed my hair after washing it. My face felt hot- I cried.........after all that time you could finally see areas that looked almost bald on the sides. It's bad, but not that bad. It was horrifying then because I had lots of hair covering those sides & then I've got strands there & I can't wear my hair up anymore because it's thinned so much. I was going through major stress in my life too though- my job was major stressful & a BAD relationship but BOTH of those are behind me. I'm sure they triggered the onset of hairloss, although my hairloss is hereditary, but the hair falling out was major excessive and NOT normal. Anyways, it looks healthy and shiny now and sure it's super fine, but it's pretty enough. I wish it would go back to it's thicker diameter- I have alot of faith in God and always ask for wisdom to know what to take and what NOT to take, and I also pray God will give scientists in this field an abundance of wisdom to figure this thing out FOR GOOD, and I believe it's right around the corner. I've been ALOT better and things are looking up. My attitude is good and all the bad stress is far behind me and- I'm just waiting..........

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Working...
            X