Announcement

Collapse

Landmark HairMax LaserComb Clinical Study Results Published, Proving Efficacy and Safety In Treating Hair Loss

The results of 4 clinical studies conclusively proving the efficacy and safety of the HairMax LaserComb was published in a peer review medical journal in April 2014 and here is a summation of the article.

"The results of four clinical studies on the treatment of male and female pattern hair loss with the HairMax LaserComb, was just published today in a peer-review journal, The American Journal of Clinical Dermatology. The article, Efficacy and Safety of a Low-level Laser Device in the Treatment of Male and Female Pattern Hair Loss: A Multicenter, Randomized, Sham Device-controlled, Double-blind Study was co-authored by renowned experts in the field of hair disorders. The results of these studies have now provided robust and conclusive evidence that the HairMax LaserComb is both effective and safe for the treatment of pattern hair loss in men and women.

This is the link to the clinical article:

http://link.springer.com/article/10....257-013-0060-6

The four clinical studies were conducted under strict Good Clinical Practice Guidelines at multiple study sites, including major teaching institutions of dermatology such as the Cleveland Clinic, University of Minnesota and University of Miami. Enrolled in the study were 225 males and females diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia (male and female pattern hair loss). Subjects received either the HairMax LaserComb or a sham (inactive) device in a randomized, blinded manner so that no one knew which device they were on. The primary efficacy analysis was based on the change in hair count after 26 weeks treatment with the HairMax LaserComb, compared to change in hair count with the sham (inactive) device.

The results of the studies showed that there was an average increase in terminal hair count of over 20 hairs per cm² (equivalent to over 139 hairs per square inch). Additionally, a higher percentage of lasercomb-treated subjects reported overall improvement in hair loss condition and thickness and fullness of hair in self-assessment, compared with sham-treated subjects. No serious adverse events were reported in any subject receiving the lasercomb in any of the studies.

The authors concluded that: “Our results suggest that low-level laser treatment may be an effective option to treat pattern hair loss in men and women”. They also concluded that “Low Level Laser Therapy [LLLT] may provide a promising treatment option for patients who do not respond to either finasteride or minoxidil, and who do not want to undergo hair transplantation.”

The authors also had this overall observation: “…… while topical minoxidil solution or foam is widely used to treat pattern hair loss and is generally well tolerated, the treatment needs to be applied one or twice daily, and be in contact with the scalp for at least 4 hours. Such application can be impractical for many users, leading to noncompliance and reduced efficacy. As an alternative, the lasercomb treatment is safe and easy to apply, with 8-15 minutes of treatment three times per week, and leaves no residue on the scalp. Such user friendliness of the lasercomb may lead to better patient compliance and improved efficacy.”

Dr. Lawrence Schachner, Chairman of the Department of Dermatology at the Miller School of Medicine of the University of Miami, and senior author of the article said: “The results of these clinical studies provide further evidence that the HairMax LaserComb may be utilized as an effective option for treating androgenetic alopecia in men and women.”

You can view a video of the lead author of the clinical paper, Dr. Lawrence Schachner and Dr. Joquin Jimenez discussing the clinical paper at this link: http://hairmaxpro.com/study-html/
See more
See less

Does Hair MAX Work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Hair MAX Work?

For the past 5 years I’ve tired many hair care products. I want to attempt to be unbiased here as I would want someone else’s unbiased experience with their experiences in hair re-growth products.

I’ve tried the following
    1. First tired Fabao101: did not notice much change and gave it three months before people started asking me why my hair smelled bad. My expectation was high so naturally I was disappointed. However I kept on researched more on the internet read other people’s experience with various products to find the cure for my hair loss.

2. I came across “healthy hair and skin’s” emu oil and shampoo, and their, DHT blocker, (was a tiny little bottle of dht blocker) since that is what they recommended. This site was cool because you send them some hair that has already fallen out and they microscopically animalize it, take photos of it and tell you what is wrong with you hair follicles in a nice little report… they then send you their recommendation… lol, I’m a total sucker.
    - The Emu oil did nothing but make you head greasy. I stopped after three months
    - The dht blocker… I really could not tell if it did anything… if it did it’s not noticeable. Remember the idea is to look like we have a more natural growing hair… if you can’t see it its useless. Actually after a year I gave it another try… I though maybe I didn’t give it enough time. But really I didn’t see any difference. Psychologically I wanted to say I saw difference but the only reality was that my wallet was getting a bit lighter.
    - The shampoo was great though, it removed the oil form my scalp but does nothing for hair growth. I still use the shampoo today just because it’s really good for people who have a greasy scalp.

3. My quest to find something got tiring so I stopped taking anything for about a year. 2003
    4. After year I got scared when I notice even more hair falling out in the sink and shower. I started to read heavily about hair loss. Once again I started my journey to find the cure.
    - I started reading about vitamin B and began taking vitan b complex… I still do to this day. Although I don’t see any types of contributions to hair on my head, I just take it because of the other benefits.

5. I then went to my dermatologist and he said gave me some prescription shampoo, some sort of prescription foam (sorry I don’t have the name of it.. it was more for dandruff) and prescribed propecia)
    - Propecia wasn’t covered by my health insurance company at the time (BlueShield) so it cost about 60 bucks a month for 28 pills. I didn’t notice anything until about three months into taking this medication. Honestly, you do have noticeable re-growth maybe about 10% more hair. Propecia is something you have to stay on, I gradually weaned off after a year because it got to expensive. I didn’t notice much on the thickness though.

5. In mid 2004, I came across hairmax. I though it was interesting and searched the internet to find other forums of other people who have tired it. Even though it’s been featured in some well known media and some interesting coverage, I was still skeptical, mainly because of the price, So then I started to research “low level lasers”, and what they do, I didn’t find a lot of articles on it. I read hairmax’s money back guarantee of (was it 3 months or 6?) anyway it was decent amount of time to give it a try. After about 2 weeks of contemplating whether or not I should try it, I finally said to myself “I’m going to try” it and called them. I received it UPS in about a week or so. I watched their “how to video” and started putting this light up to my head. I remmerb I was al excited their was some “hope” and had the light up to my head for like a half hour even thought video say ten minutes. After about two weeks I did notice that the hair near scalp was thicker… Now Don’t misinterpret this… I wasn’t getting a full head of hair but it was thicker, it was my second week. That is it.

So I thought this is pretty cool. Having to put this thing up to you head feels a little funny at first, but I just watch tv when I did this. After about a month pretty much the same, nothing drastic. After about three months the thickening stops or at least it stopped for me. I can say that since the start of this hairmax comb thing, in general my hair was thicker, with “some” re-growth. The thickness was actually nice. I couldn’t really tell if their were more hair follicles, but was definitely thicker hair shafts.

Also, the sink and shower did not have as much hair in it like it used to, about half the amount.

I use hair max for about 6 months consistently then gradually stopped after a year… lost interest in it and wasn’t’ doing too much after that.

Hairmax worked for me as far as thickening my hair to a certain point. But there was “enough” of an improve ment that I’m hear at 1 am in the morning writing about this. Now, whether or not it’s worth $650… depends on who you ask. For me, I would say that they could ease off on the price a bit. But then again Propecia at $60 per month, I at least have a star trek looking comb to show for it besides an empty propecia bottle. And if decide to start up again well there ya go.

Is Hairmax better than propecia? Tough to say, like I said none of these are going to give you a “full bown head of hair” (if you want that type of result get implants) I think Propecia worked well for re-growth, Hairmax had less re-growth than propecia but better thickness.

But honestly for all of you reading this and are concerned with hair loss and are losing hair. If you think you need more hair it’s you who is telling yourself this and that’s false reality. We are all very prone to heavy marketing and advertisers love to tell you what is wrong with you and prey on you self doubts… that’s their job.

Is acceptance in our society more hair? Yet at the same time people are trying to rid of un-wanted hair?

A mop on your head doesn’t define who you are, in life and your values are much more important then follicle growth on you head. At the end of the day you’re as beautiful as they way you believe yourself to be regards less of how much hair you have on the top of you head.

Thank all

bye

I completely agree, a mop on ones head does not define how sucessful you are ! Although for a women , their life revolves around hair , complexion &beauty , however kind compensionate , forgiving person you are , the world needs to change their perpective .

Comment

I have been using it for two months

Hello I am here to inform you about my experience with the hair max comb. I purchased it about two months ago I have noticeable growth but not completely stratified. Also I am using propecia it works but it cost 63.33 a month at sam club pharmacy. I will continue to update you on my success or loss.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Working...
      X