Thread: Overuse Trouble??

Default Overuse Trouble??

I have used the laster comb every other day, so 3 or 4 times a week for about 6 months. I just found this forum and saw that I was only supposed to do that for the first month.

I also read that my hair follicles can "get used" to the laser, and it won't work anymore?

What should I do from now, and is it possible I am immune to the laser comb now?

Thanks

Default Hairmax Lasercomb Usage

Hi John D -

Thank you for your post.

You are incorrect as far as the official usage instructions for the HairMax. The instruction booklet indicates that the device should be used every other day for 10-15 minutes at a time, for however long you use the device. What you read on the Forum is annecdotal information from other users.

Your hair follicles will not become resistant to the laser energy of the HairMax and you will not become 'immune' to the device.

After 6 months of use if you feel that you have achieved the results you expected, you can try to reduce the use to maybe 1 or 2 times a week for maintenance. If you do this and start to see more hair loss, simply go back to using 3 times a week. However, you cannot stop use of the HairMax completely or you will revert back to where you were before you started using the device.

We wish you continued success in your use of the HairMax LaserComb.

LAS

Unregistered Guest

Default David Micheals and LAS

Thanks LAS,

If you look through the forums, David Michaels states that if you use the Hairmax for 3+ years, and do it too often, your follicles will not respond to the hairmax because they will have gotten used to the laster.

That is the only reason why I asked about that.

I look to David Michaels as an authority on the subject. So I don't know what do think anymore.

John D

Default Hairmax Lasercomb Use

Thank you for your post -

We are not exactly sure where you saw that on the Forum, but that may have been an reply to a question when few facts were known from user experience about long term use.

We have found from experience of users in the past 9 years of marketing, that hair follicles do not become used to, or resistant to the energy of the HairMax. Recommended use is 3 times a week for 15 minutes a session, and experience has shown that using the device more than that has no detrimental effects, it just is not necessary to get the best results.

We wish you success in your use of the HairMax LaserComb.

LAS