Thread: Will the laser comb work for me? Pics inside with questions...

Question Will the laser comb work for me? Pics inside with questions...

I am considering buying the laser comb from Hairmax. I saw it on Dateline (not sure if that is some type of advertising scheme by Hairmax...who knows!) and it appeared to work on one of the twins on there. I do not want to use any medication that could have side effects like Propecia or Rogaine, that is the main reason I am considering the laser comb (which I hope has no side effects.)

Here is some info about me with a pic:

Skin Type: white caucasian
    Balding for: 5-6 years (since I was about 19)

Picture:

So, now that you know about me, here are my questions:

1) What are my chances of success at REGROWING hair? I know the laser comb will most likely or probably keep my existing hair, but what about actually REGROWING it? I realize that it will probably not grow back near the temple areas but I really hope that it grows it back on the top. That way, I can at least grow my hair longer and hide the temple bald spots as best as I can.

2) I want to do the payment plan. It says $175 for first payment, but when are the second and third payments due?

3) I'm concerned that the new cordless version is not as good since it may not be as powerful since it is running on a battery instead of being corded. Can I expect the same results with the cordless one as the old corded design? Also, is the NEW cordless one also FDA approved? And, lastly, are there any improvements in the new cordless one?

4) When you say you are FDA approved to GROW hair, is this really true and where can I find the actual FDA document stating so?

Thanks.

Default Hairmax Lasercomb Efficacy

Hi CR_Music -

Thank you for the post and the picture.

Judging from the picture, your hair loss has advanced pretty far in 5 or 6 years. It appears that the HairMax will offer you a good chance to actually regrow hair on the top of your head, will help prevent further fall out, and will generally thicken your hair and promote overall hair health. As for the temple area, if there are no living follicles there then the HairMax will not grow hair there.

For details on the payment plan, please call a customer service representative at 1-800-973-4769 and they will give you all of the details.

The newly designed cordless HairMax LaserComb Premium has also been FDA cleared for marketing. The laser energy of this device is the exact same as that of the original model. If the battery runs down and needs charging, the device will stop working in the cordless mode and you then would use it with the power cord and when done, you would return the device to the charging cradle.

When you start treatment with the HairMax remember that you will experience initial shedding which is a good sign showing that the laser energy is beginning to exert its effect.

The key clinical study proving efficacy in regrowing hair was published in May 2009. To read a summation of the study, access www.pubmed.gov and in the subject line put in HairMax and you will be able to read the abstract.

We wish you success in your use of the HairMax LaserComb. Don't forget to access the web site, www.hairmax.com for complete information.

LAS
    Visit the website: http://www.hairmax.com