Thread: 4th month update

Anonymous Guest

Default 4th month update

Some of the vellus hairs got pigmented a little bit, and they grew a little longer - didn't seem to get thick though, I wish someone who has used the laser/other method of regrowth for a prolonged period of time could give me some info. on the maturation process of these tiny hairs (do they eventually mature and if so how long does it take?).
    Also, my hair seems very shiny now and has gained a lot of color.

Now the other news. My hair and my brothers continues to thin particularly at the crown region and on the top of the head. The thinning is not the whole hair, it is just occuring at the BASE of the shaft.

I pulled out a few hairs from the thinning region to examin them. The end of the shaft on a longer hair (~2.5-4 inches from the base) was pretty thin. This represented the period before I started using the comb. The middle of the shaft (~1-2.5 inches) was very thick and shiny (this was probably from the first two months of using the lasercomb). Now the -the bases of the hairs (the bottom 1 inch) I pulled were all thinning. It seems as if the hair is regressing back to its original state.

I'm pretty concerned about this, as it seems like my hair is not responding to the laser anymore after it responded so well the first two months. The only thing I have changed is using it twice per week instead of three times.

Perhaps going back to three times / week would get it to kickstart some results?

Any advice on what I should do about this would be helpful. My hair is getting pretty thin on the top and back; I hope I can stop this recent trend.

Anonymous Guest

Default Re: 4th month update

Magnus,

I have experienced a little thinning around the crown area as well after 4 months of use. The first 2 months, my hair looked awesome. However, since then it has not looked the same.
    My advice to you is to keep using it for another month. If your not seeing the results, then I would stop.
    That is what I am planning on doing.
    T.

Anonymous Guest

did you ever consider that laser comb is just a growth stimulator, i think that laser comb has helped my regimen like i posted, but have no reason what so ever that it could stop my hairloss by itself, no way, ofcourse i fully believe that anyone with mild hair would be able to use just laser comb with great success, but i only know of two people that use laser comb on hairloss forums and they would never consider using laser comb on it's own with out other treatments

Anonymous Guest

kris, do you mean that lasercomb is not stoping hair lose. it's just hair growth stimulater.
    is that true David.?

which mean that DHT LEVEL IS THE MAIN REASON AND we should use Propecia? is ther any other product that work on DHT OTHER than Prpecia, propecia is dangarous on the long run, wake up ppl.

Anonymous Guest

Tommy,

My hair also looked awesome the first two months. Any ideas on what changes the folicles are going through to have caused a degression?

Kris,

You say use other the comb is a growth stimulator and I believe this is true as well (it reactivated dormant folicles). What I don't understand is why the stimulation seemed to have stopped after the second month.

Also do you have any advice on what treatments to supplement the use of the comb? I don't want to take Propecia because of the side effects, but I may have to. I am also considering using Topic©. Its that stuff that clings to your vellus hairs and makes it look like you have more hair. I'm sure that stuff works great with the lasercomb (it did grow many vellus hairs) and I bet it could help make my hair look thicker.

Anonymous Guest

this is just my opinion, i at least i know it works for certain, to what level, depends on the individvual, i have discuss this on hairsites with a few other users, all i can say it try it, but for them with mild+ hair loss between 20-30yrs i think that results would imporve more if you are using an anti DHT product

Anonymous Guest

Please note the above opinions are not those of Lexington International.

One thing to consider in reviewing your own personal hair situation whilst using the LaserComb is the hair growth cycles. The best published article that we have seen describing the hair stages was produced by Scientific American. You could view this article from the following link http://www.sciamarchive.org/pdfs/1474625.pdf .

As you all know there are so many different variables that contribute to hair loss. Through the natural ongoing hair cycle, hair does fallout. The key point here is to hope that the hair is replaced by a normal ‘terminal’ hair with a healthy growth pattern.

We believe the laser light provided by the LaserComb is a healthy nourishing energy for the hair at all stages.

Regards,

David Michaels

Anonymous Guest

other then finasteride there is only spiro cream which is mainly for the temples, or nizoral shampoo, infact Dr lee is coming out with a new shampoo which has nizoral and t-gel in one this month, very interresting, i think that the best way to to stop hair loss is oral(finasteride) and regrowth topical(minoxidil, laser comb) minoxidil can help slow down hair loss allot, it did for me, but it can't stop it, i have heard of extremely few people that have been able to stop hair loss with minoxidil alone a growth stimulator( excluding mild hairloss at the crown) but it is approved by the FDA and it still the main growth simulator available today, whether laser can better minoxidil, i hope to find out, it could i think and would make it worth the money by a long way, but every single hair loss product available claims it can stop hair loss by itself, us more experienced members know thats not true, ofcourse thats just my opinion and from my experience, i have found with a couple of products before that the first month was good and then somehow the effects weaken and that why DHT need to be suppressed or blocked etc which is not easy is it!!!!

Anonymous Guest

I am 55 years old. I don't feel that I am losing any more hair or at least don't notice it probably because I have gone past the twenty year cycle where you lose most of your hair. I started losing my hair in my late twenties. I've been using the l.comb for about a week and a half now.My last batch of transplants (I've had 3000 grafts) are also coming in so my hair is immporoving every week. Most people except for those I've told do not know I've had any work done. I got the comb to keep my hair in good shape and I will keep you posted in a few months.

Anonymous Guest

Kris,

You are exactly right. The levels of DHT production in me and Tommy, Jay, and a few others are probably alot higher than others as we experienced the onset of hairloss sooner and quicker than others (I'm NW2.5 and I'm only 24). You are also right that, in most mild+ cases of MBP, a DHT inhibitor and "growth stimulator" are almost required if you plan on regrowing all of your hair.

My hypothesis is that the levels of DHT production have caught up with the benefits of the comb and thus minaturazation is reoccuring. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE COMB DOES NOT WORK!!! The comb is very valuable, as you say, as a "growth stimulator". The number of folicles it has re-activated in such a short time, in my case,was astonishing compared to what other products on the market do. It is also not as messy as the topical solutions; and I really belive it is probably the best overall "growth stimulator" you can get.

Now the problem for us with the high levels of DHT production is that the folicles that the comb has reactivated may end up growing minaturized hairs (thanks to the high levels of DHT), but as long as the comb is still being used, I believe these folicles will remain active and not die out.

In order to get these hairs to "thicken up" the DHT-Inhibitor will be required. I'm not big on Finasteride because of the ***ual side effects (I plan on getting a new girlfriend this week ) and the 5 year results of it show decrease in regrowth (again a "growth stimulator", such as the lasercomb or minoxidil, is needed to supplemet this). More than likely I will wait for the release of Dutasteride - which is supposed to be sometime this year. Their trial shows 1.5 times the amount of hair growth as Finasteride and a 50% success rate (compared to Finasteride's 25%) and so far there hasn't been negative side-effects reported.

I will continue to use the comb and keep in mind that my folicles are fine, it is just the DHT levels (I don't believe the comb has an effect on this) that need to be taken care of.

Like DM said these are just my opinions, and I am no doctor, so don't go ordering Finasteride or Xandrox or whatever based on what I said.

Anonymous Guest

Hey Kris,
    Yeah, I am 24, and I have a 2.5 on the NW. I use finasteride... i don't have any side effects.... I figure when I am 29 I would be almost out... but I have enough to maintained. I think dutasteride would do even better... if no side effects. You know at Costco is selling 5% minox. for 20 bucks for 4 bottles. 4 months for 20 bucks, its pretty sweet.. but I don't use it. I just use the lasercomb and the propecia.
    As for the Lasercomb, I don't find any improvement, and I have been using it for 5 months... and I am 24. I still shed a ton... so I am wondering about this product.... and I don't what to call up Lexington and tell them about my experience, cause whats the point? I have followed the directions to the point, and nothing... especially for a young guy like ourselves. So Propecia is to be safe and the Lasercomb is the experiement... I have my doubts after 5 months... but I am going to contine to use it.... I will use it for an entire year actually to make my judgement on it.. to make it far on them

Anonymous Guest

I agree with most of you. The laser comb DOES work wonders...for about the first 2 months. However, after 3 or more months, my hair has not been the same. I would like to know if there's anyone out there who has used the laser comb for more than 6+ months.
    Anyone out there who has used the lasercomb for 6 or more months and have seen good results?
    I still believe in this product, but I think it's effect is only short-term.
    Thanks,
    T.

Anonymous Guest

"lasercomb and the propecia"

i hope when you say propecia you mean proscar, don't waste your money on propecia, if you need a link for finasteride cheap e-mail me i don't want to advertise

to be honest i don't want to talk about this much on this forum and i will be going against DM views of hair loss and treatments but i have contacted a few Dr's to get there opinion on useage local and international in my case and it not my place to say this on the forum as i respect that laser comb is a good product and obviously well worth trying above 95% of other products( mainly scams) available, theres just these issues, i did contact a laser treatment centre in London but they are an extremely poor company with very false advertising about all of their products particularly hair systems

Anonymous Guest

To date we have treated thousands of people in Australia and sold many thousands of LaserCombs worldwide. Its benefits are certainly Long-Term. I myself have been using laser since August of 99 and still see progressively improving benefits.

The experiences highlighted above regarding initial improvements tapering off are not very common among the majority of users. Actually, the above messages are first time users have commented on this. I suspect this may be result of a few factors including the hair growth cycles, lifestyle and the effects of other treatments people are taking.

I know that some of you will disagree but I personally do not believe that you to provide a fair analysis of the LaserComb's benefits whilst taking a cocktail of other treatments and therapies, such as Propecia and Minoxidil. We believe that users only realize/perceive 60 to 80 percent of LaserComb's benefits. To do a fair analysis you would need to only laser one-half of your hair, perform hair counts, measure hair thickness, test the hair strength and gauge the speed of hair growth.

What we are hoping within the first three months is indications that your hair is reacting favorably to the laser energy. It is a great sign if your hair has responded with positive benefits early on in the usage and long-term you should have very encouraging and exciting results. We do find that about 5 % of people cannot qualify the benefits within the first three months therefore we do offer a 3 month guarantee.

David Michaels

Anonymous Guest

Kris,

Yeah, when I say Propecia, I do mean Finasteride.... Cheap? like how cheap can you get Finasteride for? I get it for 560 a year.

Jay

Anonymous Guest

"I get it for 560 a year"

$50 for 4-5 months,

Anonymous Guest

yeah, totally, send me an e-mail about where I can get that!
    Bentleyjason@yahoo.com

Anonymous Guest

OK

as far as I know, Losing hair is normal for everybody to lose from 50 to 100 per day.

Then the problem is they are not growing back again which cause baldness.

If this is true, then Laser comb is a good product as you all say that laser comb is a growth stimulator.

It is normal to lose hair every day. everybody is loosing hair but usually the lost hair is replaced with a new one.

is that correct David. or what?

anybody used laser comb for more then 8 months.
    what do u think if we start taking images for our heads befor and after using laser comb and send it to each other (no need to show the face) so we judg by our self if this product is working or not.