Thread: My story

Anonymous Guest

Default My story

I've began using the Lasercomb on the 23rd of Nov 2001. After the first two usages my hair became so very thick that I couldn't believe my eyes. If this conditon would have remained, I would say I am 100% satisfied with the product. But the miracle lasted only 2 weeks and then the thickness decreased. After all, this time my hair was still much better then before I started using the comb, but it was far from its great thickness I had in the first 2 weeks. But I wasn't sad because my thinner hairs continously went stronger and my receding hairline turned back: it went lower, towards my eyebrows! I experienced regrowth. These fantastic improvements stopped on about the 25th of January. Soon afterwards my hair condition started falling back to the original state /as it was before using the Lasercomb/. I use(d) the Lasercomb as properly as it is prescribed: 2 times a week, 10 minutes/occasion. Unfortunately I read more and more about similar problems from others recently: big improvements / regrowth and thin hairs go thick in the beginnig and then the results disappear quite quickly. I don't know what to do now. Is this possible that hair follicles quickly get accustomed to the laser and after this the follicles do not respond to the treatment? Now I am have just the same hair condition as I had before the treatment. In my opinion the hair growing cycle has nothing to do with my hair condition. The new hairs that were regrown during treatment now all disappeared. I don't think there is anybody who were more enthusiastic about (and during) the treatment than me.
    Regards,

Laci

Anonymous Guest

Default Re: My story

Hi Laci,

Thanks for your posting.

You have only been using the LaserComb only '6 Weeks' and you have experienced some positive indications, I would be very enthusiastic.

What we are hoping for is to see some indications within 3 months that your hair is reacting favorably to the laser energy. It is a great sign if your hair has responded with some positive benefits early on in the usage and long-term I would be very encouraging to you. Please understand that hair treatments take time.

Regards,

David Michaels

Anonymous Guest

Hey DM, the guy says he's been using it for 3 1/2 months not 6 weeks.

Anonymous Guest

I believe this is the case for the majority of the users who purchased this product, at least in the U.S. If a product is that effective over the long run, why isn't this forum just overflowing with positive feedback, photos, etc... of all the success stories? I am 36 years old and probably not experiencing the degree of hair loss as some others in this forum but would love to buy this product to maintain and even regrow some of my lost hair. BUT, where are all the success stories that DM refers to from "all over the world"? Let's face it, if a product works well over time, it will be a great success. In the meantime, I will continue to monitor this forum and others for clues to the best product for me.

Anonymous Guest

Laci

You might want to go to your doctor. You may be experiencing under lying medical problems. There are some types of arthritis that cause hair loss. (i.e., Lupus and RA)

Anonymous Guest

His story sounds like mine, my brother's, and Tommy's. First 2 months, awesome; after that regressing benefits. I don't think it is an underlying medical condition because there is nothing wrong with me and my brother or our lifestyles and I don't think it relates to the growth cycles either because the thinning is occuring all over, not just 10% (% in Telogen phase at a given time). My brother and I both take Zoloft so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. Other than that we use the laser only, to treat our hairloss.

Laci, I would like to know your age and degree/rate of hairloss if possible. Tommy, Jay, my brother, and I were all ~ 24 and ~ NW2.5.
    I'm wondering if the laser does not have lasting effects on this age group with rapid MPB. I would guess that the rate of DHT being produced is too much for the comb to handle, if the laser does indeed affect it. If that is the case a DHT-Inhibitor may be needed to supplement the comb.

Stick with the comb though. My hair still feels great after using it and hopefully it will be able to catch back up with the high DHT levels over the next few months.

Anonymous Guest

I saw the ad, and I was interested of course. But I have seen too many "grow hair" gimmicks over the years. I don't think there is anything out there that really works. If this product works, you guys will be trillionaires.
    I've tried rogaine, propecia, weaves and just about anything I could get my hands on. When I see people like Bruce Willis, Sean Connery, who can afford anything and are still bald (defolicly challeneged) it lowers my hopes that there is anything out there that is effective. Hope you guys prove me wrong.
    I hate getting used to the idea that this chrome dome will be with me the rest of my life.

Anonymous Guest

Zoloft causes hairloss. That's how mine first was triggered.

Anonymous Guest

. "I don't think there is anything out there that really works"

minoxidil and propecia have been proven to work, again it is likely the younger men with a greater degree of hairloss that seem to have less results with these product, males that are 35 and NW1 would like find that products work and these are the people tested, but a 24yrs who is a nw2-3 would like find it harder to have success i think

"When I see people like Bruce Willis, Sean Connery"

Sean started losing his hair in the late 50's, he wears hair systems on all of his bond films so there was nothing available, and Willis wears hair system and obviously can not be bothered to spend time using treatments and goes for the shaved look

"But I have seen too many "grow hair" gimmicks over the years"

exactly that why you can have a trial, it too early for me to know if i'm getting any real benifit but shedding is still happening right now, still im glad i got it as you never know until you try it

"I would guess that the rate of DHT being produced is too much for the comb to handle, if the laser does indeed affect it. If that is the case a DHT-Inhibitor may be needed to supplement the comb."

i've always said and every Dr from Lee to Proctor would say use an anti DHT product with a growth simulator, all their products do, e.g Xandrox

Anonymous Guest

Hi Magnus!

I am 25 years old. / NW 2- 2,5 /

Anonymous Guest

I reached such success with the lasercomb that others are only dreaming of. The dream is over but I still hope I will again achieve what I had achieved once with the lasercomb. I continue using the product and keep hoping...

Anonymous Guest

"I reached such success with the lasercomb that others are only dreaming of"

what for two weeks? i really don't think your hair could change that much in two weeks,