Thread: I don't think this is Initial Shedding...

Default I don't think this is Initial Shedding...

Hi Hairmax,

My background is I'm a 28 year old asian male with diffuse thinning - it's getting pretty sparse all over my head, sides included. The only area that still seems full is the very bottom of the back of my head. I've been taking Propecia for 5-6 years or so and feel like it's slowed my loss, but since it was still occurring at a slow rate I decided to try HairMax. My dad is bald, but everyone else on both sides of my family have full heads of hair. They are also still in Vietnam in a tropical environment though, while only my dad, mom and myself have grown up in cold New York.

I have been using HairMax for 10 weeks now. I've definitely lost a lot of the density all over my head. Realistically, I'd say I lost about 20% density. I've got comments from my parents and co-workers that my hair has gotten noticeably thinner very quickly.

The reason I'm skeptical if it's Initial Shedding is because when I part my hair I do not see any signs of new hairs growing. All I see is a much wider gap between my hairs that still remain. It's completely smooth in between the hairs - no roots, no fuzz, nothing... To me it seems like Hairmax may have killed off some of my hairs, without any chance at regrowth (as there are no signs whatsoever - unless it will pop out of nowhere from the smooth skin).

I'm aware that my balding pattern is relatively unique, so I'm guessing HairMax just doesn't work with me. I'm very afraid if I keep using it for the 20 week trial, it'll keep "killing off" hairs. I wouldn't classify it as shedding for this reason - because I don't think there's any chance of regrowing the 20% hairs that I've lost in the past 10 weeks.

Do you have any advice for me? I'm leaning towards returning the product as it seems highly counterproductive... Thanks for your help.

Default Hairmax lasercomb and shedding

Hi Diffuse/Abuse -

Thank you for your post.

First of all, it is important to realize that the HairMax is NOT TOXIC to hair in any way. When shedding occurs, it is because the HairMax is STIMULATING the hair follicle to enter the anagen phase, i.e. the normal state, which means that the fine, thin, wispy, telogen hair is pushed out and shed to make way for this new hair. Proof that the HairMax is not toxic, is that when people stop the HairMax, the hair returns to the state it was before therapy. You should also be aware that even with treatment, some of your follicles will go into the normal phases of growth, resting, shedding and regrowth, so you might be experiencing shedding from this phasing of your hair, too. (We assume that you have been diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia and that you are under the care of a physician. We we also assume that you are not using any products on your hair that are toxic to your hair such as harsh shampoos containing sulfates).

Our recommendation is to continue to use the HairMax for the full 20 weeks to see if your hair stops shedding and regrows hair from the active and dormant follicles. You might want to continue to use Propecia as part of a total regimen. (While the HairMax will not cause follicles that have ceased to function to grow hair, many times the follicles are simply dormant and look inactive, but can be stimulated to 'wake up' and grow hair.)

As stated above, the HairMax as with any other treatment does not work on everyone, so you might be one who has refractory hair loss, but we do not feel you should give up at this time. If you decide to stop using the HairMax at any time, your hair will return to where it would be had you not used the HairMax. To reinforce what was said above, the HairMax is NOT TOXIC in any way to hair - it only STIMULATES the natural process

We wish you success in your use of the HairMax LaserComb.

LAS

Visit the website: http://www.hairmax.com
    Follow us: http://www.facebook.com/hairmax
    Access the HairMax Blog: http://hairmaxlasercomb.blogspot.com
    Online ordering of the HairMax LaserComb: http://www.hairmaxestore.com
    Last edited by LAS; 08-09-2012 at 09:37 AM.