Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Time of use and laser attention

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default Time of use and laser attention

    Hello! i purchased a Lasercomb Lux 9 and i'm using it since 2 weeks and half. I would like to ask some informations:

    1_ I have to use Hairmax 3 times per week. It's Ok i'm doing in Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday . This mean i have to stop Sunday and Monday and then start on Tuesday again, it is right? or should i go on every other day without stop for 2 days to have always the same days of treatment?

    2_I'm using 14-15 minutes sometimes, or should i use maximum for the 11min recommended for the Lux 9? i would like to apply to entire the head and insist on my temples and top...maybe two three times. Is it ok to apply more times on the same areas?

    3_Cause when i'm doing the treatment i'm in front of the mirror, is it dangerous to look the red light NOT DIRECTLY, of course, but that one is reflected by the skin of my forehead/temples??

    Thank you soo much.
    Last edited by luDoc; 03-14-2014 at 10:41 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    596

    Default Hairmax laercomb directions for use

    Hi luDoc -

    Thank you for you purchase of the HairMax LaserComb and for your post.

    In answer to your questions:

    1. It is OK to use the HairMax on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday as we have found that application of 3 times within a 7 day period works best. Don't worry about the 2 days not 1 day break - as long as you use 3 times a week.

    2. The best way to use the HairMax all over your head, is to move the device at the beep every 4 seconds from front to back, back to front, and side to side, side to side again. That is plenty of application as using it more will just use up time and not produce better results. This should take no more than 11 minutes, but the coverage is the important factor, not the amount of time you use it - 11 minutes is only a guideline.

    3. You should avoid exposing your eyes to the laser energy either directly or from a mirror. Don't worry so much about when you see the red light directly on a your forehead as this is not direct exposure to the beams of the device.

    We wish you success in your use of the HairMax LaserComb.

    LAS

    Visit the website: http://www.hairmax.com
    Follow us: http://www.facebook.com/hairmax
    Access the HairMax Blog: http://hairmaxlasercomb.blogspot.com
    Online ordering of the HairMax LaserComb: http://www.hairmaxestore.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default Laser comb application methods

    Hi
    You mention that 'The best way to use the HairMax Laser Comb all over your head, is to move the device at the beep every 4 seconds from front to back, back to front, and side to side, side to side again' so essentially you will be exposing each area of the scalp for a total period of 8 seconds. Would it be reasonable therefore to go from back to front but not back to front and then side to side once stopping on each area for a total of 2 beeps and 8 seconds?

    Is it necessary or does it work better to have that short break between exposing the same area of two separate 4 seconds application or would a continuous 8 seconds be as or possibly more effective?

    Many Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by LAS View Post
    Hi luDoc -

    Thank you for you purchase of the HairMax LaserComb and for your post.

    In answer to your questions:

    1. It is OK to use the HairMax on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday as we have found that application of 3 times within a 7 day period works best. Don't worry about the 2 days not 1 day break - as long as you use 3 times a week.

    2. The best way to use the HairMax all over your head, is to move the device at the beep every 4 seconds from front to back, back to front, and side to side, side to side again. That is plenty of application as using it more will just use up time and not produce better results. This should take no more than 11 minutes, but the coverage is the important factor, not the amount of time you use it - 11 minutes is only a guideline.

    3. You should avoid exposing your eyes to the laser energy either directly or from a mirror. Don't worry so much about when you see the red light directly on a your forehead as this is not direct exposure to the beams of the device.

    We wish you success in your use of the HairMax LaserComb.

    LAS

    Visit the website: http://www.hairmax.com
    Follow us: http://www.facebook.com/hairmax
    Access the HairMax Blog: http://hairmaxlasercomb.blogspot.com
    Online ordering of the HairMax LaserComb: http://www.hairmaxestore.com
    l

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    596

    Default Hairmax lasercomb treatment

    Hi adamchrissy -

    Thank you for your post.

    Using the HairMax any alternative days a week 3 times a week is all that is necessary, so that if you have 2 days in between one application that is no problem.

    The main goal of treatment should be to expose your hair to the laser energy. It is our finding that it is best to apply the HairMax front to back pausing every 4 seconds, then back to front, then side to side and side to side again to assure adequate exposure. However, just make sure your entire scalp is covered at each application.

    We wish you success in your treatment with the HairMax LaserComb.

    LAS

    Visit the website: http://www.hairmax.com
    Follow us: http://www.facebook.com/hairmax
    Access the HairMax Blog: http://hairmaxlasercomb.blogspot.com
    Online ordering of the HairMax LaserComb: http://www.hairmaxestore.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default Amount of exposure of scalp to laser therapy any negative effects?

    Hi
    Many thanks for the reply
    Are there any negative effects from applying too much laser treatment to each area of the scalp?

    Is there a safe limit for the amount of laser application to the scalp?

    Many Thanks
    Adamchrissy

    Quote Originally Posted by LAS View Post
    Hi adamchrissy -

    Thank you for your post.

    Using the HairMax any alternative days a week 3 times a week is all that is necessary, so that if you have 2 days in between one application that is no problem.

    The main goal of treatment should be to expose your hair to the laser energy. It is our finding that it is best to apply the HairMax front to back pausing every 4 seconds, then back to front, then side to side and side to side again to assure adequate exposure. However, just make sure your entire scalp is covered at each application.

    We wish you success in your treatment with the HairMax LaserComb.

    LAS

    Visit the website: http://www.hairmax.com
    Follow us: http://www.facebook.com/hairmax
    Access the HairMax Blog: http://hairmaxlasercomb.blogspot.com
    Online ordering of the HairMax LaserComb: http://www.hairmaxestore.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Hi adamcrissy -

    Thanks for the post.

    Overuse of the HairMax can actually diminish efficacy as you are over-stimulating the follicle. That is why we have found that 3 times a week is the best amount of application of the laser energy.

    Overuse is not a safety issue, just an efficacy issue as the HairMax has never been the subject of any serious side effects in all the years that the device has been on the market.

    We wish you success in your treatment with the HairMax LaserComb.

    LAS

    Visit the website: http://www.hairmax.com
    Follow us: http://www.facebook.com/hairmax
    Access the HairMax Blog: http://hairmaxlasercomb.blogspot.com
    Online ordering of the HairMax LaserComb: http://www.hairmaxestore.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4

    Smile Lasercomb Application

    Hi
    Thanks for the reply
    I do use the comb three times a week (the Professional 12 version)- So from that perspective I am not over using -However I am doing the following routine

    1) Front to back of scalp, Back to front of scalp

    Name:  hairmcent.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  34.2 KB

    2) Moving the comb approx. one and half inches to the left from the centre of the scalp - front to back and then back to front,

    Name:  HL.jpg
Views: 987
Size:  18.8 KB

    3) Then I move the comb approx one and half inches to the right of the middle of my scalp (see photo) ~front to back and back to front again
    (at the front of this area is a particularly advanced thinning area although in the photo it may look thicker as I was only demonstrating how I use the comb and had a concealer on at the time!)

    Name:  HR.jpg
Views: 987
Size:  32.2 KB

    4) Then from one side to the other and back again

    So this guarantees that each part of the scalp is being exposed 4 times with a small amount of hair possibly being covered more (6 times) -

    This is instead of only the centre 'avenue' from the front to the top of the scalp being exposed four times when applied as directed in your instructions (front to back (1), back to front (2) side to side (3) and back again (4). The top of the head is only being exposed twice - from to front to back and back to front method while the side to side method does not cover the top/crown area

    I also find the areas towards the back of the head to the left and right of the crown can get missed altogether with this method.

    NB With both methods the left and right sides of the head only gets exposed twice when moving side to side but as I understand this area is less likely to thin)

    (very!) Simple example sketch of applications

    Name:  small sketchweb.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  46.3 KB

    Could the way I am using it be diminishing efficacy by over-stimulating the follicle? and any advice on my method of application would be helpful


    Many Thanks
    Adamchrissy





    Quote Originally Posted by LAS View Post
    Hi adamcrissy -

    Thanks for the post.

    Overuse of the HairMax can actually diminish efficacy as you are over-stimulating the follicle. That is why we have found that 3 times a week is the best amount of application of the laser energy.

    Overuse is not a safety issue, just an efficacy issue as the HairMax has never been the subject of any serious side effects in all the years that the device has been on the market.

    We wish you success in your treatment with the HairMax LaserComb.

    LAS

    Visit the website: http://www.hairmax.com
    Follow us: http://www.facebook.com/hairmax
    Access the HairMax Blog: http://hairmaxlasercomb.blogspot.com
    Online ordering of the HairMax LaserComb: http://www.hairmaxestore.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by adamchrissy; 03-27-2014 at 11:55 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default Laser application to side and back of head

    Hi
    As I understand the hair on the back and sides of the head is less likely to thin and go bald - would you recommend using the Hairmax laser comb on these areas none the less?

    Thanks
    adamchrissy

    Quote Originally Posted by LAS View Post
    Hi adamcrissy -

    Thanks for the post.

    Overuse of the HairMax can actually diminish efficacy as you are over-stimulating the follicle. That is why we have found that 3 times a week is the best amount of application of the laser energy.

    Overuse is not a safety issue, just an efficacy issue as the HairMax has never been the subject of any serious side effects in all the years that the device has been on the market.

    We wish you success in your treatment with the HairMax LaserComb.

    LAS

    Visit the website: http://www.hairmax.com
    Follow us: http://www.facebook.com/hairmax
    Access the HairMax Blog: http://hairmaxlasercomb.blogspot.com
    Online ordering of the HairMax LaserComb: http://www.hairmaxestore.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default

    First of all I would like to thank you for your quick and thorough response. I also would like to share with you a doubt i have and maybe to better understand how the Hairmax works. (I dont wont to cause any discussion, i have no dubt about the Hairmax, i trust your company and i'm using it.)

    More often there are people around who are talking about a power efficacy from a LLLT and the research indicates that Energy Densities in the range 0.5 to 4 Joules/cm2 are most effective in triggering a photobiological response in tissue (e.g. Mester & Jaszagi-Nagy, 1973; Mester & Mester, 1989; Mashiko et al, 1983; Haina, 1982). According with the Arndt-Schultz curve (1-4 Joules/cm2)
    Generally people say that the scalp needs 2 to 6 joules of energy to achieve the biostimulation necessary for hair results. 2 joules is roughly 10 minutes of lasering a spot, and 6 joules if roughly 30 minutes. So using a device as a Lasercomb would require you to hold it on every part of your head for 10-30 minutes. This is why more and more people are talking about helmet devices because the Laser beam is fixed for almost 20 min. on the same area (and so on the same follicle).

    I think that Lasercomb can reach perfectly the scalp instead of an helmet whose light can be blocked from the hair. But if we cover the same area for 4 times (16 sec) and considering the 5mW of each laser we can never reach at least 1 Joule/cm2 of energy even 0,5. But probably i can be wrong, this is just to know what do you think about this and if there is some kind of truth, in the light of your many and important studies.

    Thank you again, and let me say, a compliment for your clarity and professionalism.
    Last edited by luDoc; 03-27-2014 at 05:03 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    596

    Default Hairmax lasercomb efficacy

    Hi luDoc -

    Thank you for your post.

    I think my advice is not to try to get too technical about the joules, et al of the device and the energy delivery levels.

    It has been found from the clinical studies, that when the HairMax is applied to the scalp 3 times a week for about 8 - 15 minutes depending on the model, that the device will stimulate the regrowth of hair. And, as you point out, you do not need to have excess energy with the HairMax as the teeth mechanism assures much better delivery of the laser energy to the scalp than the helmet devices which only deliver energy to the top of the hair.

    We wish you success in your use of the HairMax LaserComb.

    LAS

    Visit the website: http://www.hairmax.com
    Follow us: http://www.facebook.com/hairmax
    Access the HairMax Blog: http://hairmaxlasercomb.blogspot.com
    Online ordering of the HairMax LaserComb: http://www.hairmaxestore.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •