Thread: 1 year

pilsen8865 Guest

Default 1 year

I have been using the LC for about a year now and have to say that I am pretty sure that it is not working. I am 26 and have been losing my hair since I was 15. It started with a receding hairline back then and started getting thinner when I was 22. After using the comb for about 5 months, I went though an excessive shed, losing well over 100 hairs a day. Around the 7 month mark the intense shedding stopped and i thought that it was possibly working. A couple of months ago the shedding picked up again. It is not as excessive, but it is still around 100 a day. The part that bothers me the most is that all of the shedding takes place where my hair is thinning and receding. When I run my hand through the top, I usually get 2-10 hairs. If I run it through the side and back I rarely see anything. So what do you think? Should I give up or keep on truckin?

Default Not satisfied with the results of your LaserComb?

Dear "pilsen8865",

We are aware of the fact that the HairMax LaserComb does not appear to work for everyone. As such, we do not claim that the LaserComb will work in 100 percent of the cases, because as with any treatment, nothing works satisfactorily for everyone. We are proud to say that in the last 5 years of service we have consistently maintained over a 90% user success rate and only a 6% return rate.

In evaluating your results, keep in mind that you would not know what the condition of your hair would be without your having used the LaserComb. Since there is no control and therefore nothing against which to compare your results, it can be extremely difficult to accurately gauge the benefits you may have achieved. The best way to determine your results (through using a control) would be to use the LaserComb on only half of your head and not the other; you could then more adequately assess the outcome of your treatment, but clearly this would not be feasible.

As evidenced through our clinical studies, people's perceived benefits don’t necessarily parallel with actual benefits. In other words, subjective results rarely correlate with objective outcomes. We surveyed users who had experienced incredible results, but they did not report perceiving any benefits. Conversely, we found that some users, who had used a sham device, or placebo, said they recognized significant positive changes while in actuality no change had taken place. Most importantly, almost everyone in our clinical study using the LaserComb experienced some degree of benefits based on strict scientific observation and microscopic hair analysis conducted by medical experts.

If you are not feeling satisfied with your results, we would recommend consulting a certified trichologist (just a fancy name for a “hair doctor”) or dermatologist. With their expertise, these professionals can properly assess the nature of your hair loss, and also assist in helping develop a treatment regimen that will work best for you.

In many instances your doctor may recommend a “multi-treatment” approach to treat your problem hair. This “multi-treatment” approach may involve the “one-two punch” of Propecia and Rogaine. While these products have been demonstrated to be effective, we urge you to carefully read their labels. Be sure to do your homework before choosing which treatments to pursue.

In addition to our preceding recommendations, we advocate the use of our HairCare products and vitamins. All of our products were developed to enhance treatment with the LaserComb. Our sulfate-free shampoo is helpful because it does not contain the sodium found in most over the counter shampoos. It is common thought that sodium can be very damaging to your hair.

Many of our users have also benefited by supplementing their treatment with our multi vitamins formulated specifically for maintaining healthy hair. With components such as Biotin, Vitamin B12, and a high concentration of Pantothenic Acid, these vitamins not only help keep the hair and skin healthy but also assist in converting amino acids to vital proteins that make up your hair. We have found some people resistant to treatment due to a deficiency in converting amino acids to proteins. Using our vitamins can help combat this problem.

We recommend to everyone who uses our product (and even to those with no hair loss at all) make sure you are maintaining a healthy lifestyle (this means eating a healthy diet, keeping fit, and have proper vitamin and mineral intake.) Even external factors can sometimes affect your hair in negative ways (i.e. excess stress or depression). It is important to keep the body “in balance,” and avoiding deficiencies in any of the above-mentioned can help you maintain a healthier environment for hair growth.

As a side note, when we first began clinically developing our product in Australia, we found that many people benefited from exposure to a high frequency violet ray device. In fact, results seemed to be enhanced by as much as 10%, when combined with Low Level Laser therapy. These devices may not be easy to find. We recommend searching on the Internet, particularly Ebay, to find one.

There are a variety of other products available on the market, but again, be extremely cautious when choosing other methods to treat your hair loss…. In this business, the truth is, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. So, again, and we cannot reiterate this enough, do sound research on any product you may think of using.

Remember that throughout this journey, having realistic goals is paramount. Many of the treatments that you try (even Propecia and Rogaine) may NOT work for you. Treating hair loss, and picking out those who will respond best to certain treatments is a matter of trial and error; in other words, you never know until you try.

We do our best to allow you to evaluate your progress with the LaserComb treatments via our 5 month money back guarantee which, if nothing else, should let you know that we have the utmost faith in our product, and that we HAVE seen it work on the majority of our users.

Here at Lexington, positive user satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We strive in every way possible to meet the desires of our customers and to maintain our established credibility as a legitimate medical device manufacturer. We are in the business for the long haul and we have, and will continue to go to the greatest lengths to maintain our highly reputable status in the industry. This includes maintaining ISO compliance for company operating standards as well as CE certification for safety and staying in high standing with the Better Business Bureau of America.

Take care and good luck treating your hair.

Angela