Thread: 6 MONTH UPDATE

Anonymous Guest

Default 6 MONTH UPDATE

Tuesday, June 25, 2002 5:20 PM (NEW!)

6 MONTH UPDATE

After 6 months of using the Lasercomb as a complementary treatment to supplement my 5% Minox/Spiro/Folligen/Propecia regimen I can report that my hair looks much fuller, thicker, and healthier than it did 6 months ago. My hairstylist told me last week that she now thinks that I don't even look like I'm suffering from hair loss. I know better, but I'm not going to argue with her. If she say's that my thinning is not readily apparent to her, then it probably isn't for most people either. Wearing my hair short and tight also helps create the illusion of "more hair".

I am not certain how much the Lasercomb has contributed to the obvious effectiveness of my regimen over the last 6 months, but I am definitely certain that it has somehow enhanced the effectiveness of my topical treatments. I now have diffuse growth of lighter hairs all over my scalp, and behind my frontal hairline I have watched as fine new hairs are getting thicker and darker. One problem area that I had been reporting on in my other updates near my crown no longer seems to be much of a problem...this formerly sparse and damaged area has responded excellently to my regimen and I now have something to work with due to regrowth resulting in mature dark hairs in that area.

Of course there are a few areas where I have not seen any noticeable improvement since I began using the Lasercomb, but neither have I seen any regression in these areas either. Overall I am very pleased with my results.

However, my current opinion is that for some users the Lasercomb may be an excellent complementary treatment for those looking to enhance the effectiveness of an intelligent topical regimen. I personally believe that I would not have experienced the positive results I have if I wasn't using the Lasercomb consistently for 6 months along with my regimen. I have felt over the last year that I had "hit the wall" as far as gaining further improvement with my treatments...the addition of the Lasercomb seems to have helped me "break-thru" to a new level.
    It **MAY** be ultimately proven to work on it's own, but for now my personal recommendation is that it should be used to complement an intelligent hair loss regimen. I should point out that David Micheals of Lexington International would respectfully disagree with my assessment by saying that my results show that the Lasercomb is an effective product. Lexington believes that the Lasercomb is an effective stand-alone treatment.

More updates to follow until my 12 month update when I will give my final appraisal of this product. If any of you out there think that you can properly evaluate the effectiveness of a treatment, ANY treatment, before 9-12 months you are truly fooling yourself. The 6 month mark should be the first milestone in evaluating a hair loss treatment because it should tell you if the results, if any, you may have seen at month 3 have matured or regressed.

Spyguy

Anonymous Guest

Default Re: 6 MONTH UPDATE

Hi spyguy:

Did you have any bulk shedding after using the laser comb? I'm using rogaine and now I am thinking about adding revivogen. I am so skeptical about the comb because of the complaints I've been reading here about the shedding after 2-4 months of use.

And how long have you been losing hair? I'm in my mid 40s and noticed hair loss in my early 30s. Not sure if rogaine is really helping or not. I'm a woman and had such thick rich hair, now all I do is worry day-to-day.

Seems if this product worked like they claim it to be, dermatologists would be recommending it. With all the claims all the hair loss products make, wonder why we have so many people with balding or thinning hair??

Anonymous Guest

Default Re: 6 MONTH UPDATE

Hopeless: I didn't have any "bulk shedding" after using the comb, just some minor shedding, but sheds are a necessary evil in the hair growth cycle...a hair has to be shed for a new one to replace it. If a product is effective as a growth stimulator, then you will experience a shed. Sheds also occur seasonally. I have been through many sheds but as long as I stay on top of my game by consistently using effective products and cycling new ones in to keep my follicles "stimulated" I have always bounced back from a shed. Basically, if people are experiencing sheds after 2-4 months of use then that would be a reason NOT to be skeptical of the comb...but the key is to monitor their feedback around months 6-9 or later to see if their condition has improved. Gaining results takes patience, consistency with treatment applications, and discipline. Anything less than 6 months is not enough time to effectively evaluate a treatment. I didn't notice improvement with 5% minoxidil until 9 months in. It took me a year on Propecia before things were obviously improved.
    I have been losing my hair for about 8 years and I am in my late 30's...but my hair looks better than it did even 3-5 years ago due to my "kitchen-sink" approach of using different treatment modalities to attack the problem from all angles at once. If you decide to use this product give it a minimum of 6 months consistent usage as directed, and stay on your minoxidil. I would also recommend that you use a nightly application of Folligen Therapy Solution or Lotion, a copper-peptide formula that regenerates the cellular environment of the scalp, has some DHT inhibiting properties, and acts as a growth stimulator comparable to a low dosage of minoxidil (less than 2% at best). www.folligen.com

Good Luck,
    Spyguy

Anonymous Guest

Default Spy Guy

I was wondering if you knew anything about folicle nutrient serium (FNS)? Have you tried it? I was thinking about trying it.

Anonymous Guest

Default Re: Spy Guy

FNS is based on a product from a few years back called Pillel that supposedly grew hair when it was applied on skin injuries to accelerate wound healing. Pillelhas now been reformulated and mass marketed as FNS. but there are some differences between the old and new formulas. Regardless, the theory behind FNS is that it gets needed nutrients to the cell/hair follicle, but it doesn't address the issue of DHT, nor does it appear to be a traditional growth stimulator like minoxidil. I believe that
    a lack of nutrients, or enzymes, may very well be a FACTOR in the onset of MPB, but it is only one factor among several that work in concert to cause MPB...with DHT being one of the primary causes, for sure.
    I have been monitoring user feedback for FNS and so far very few people have been reporting any positive results, but it has only about 3 months since FNS has been available and that is way to early to assess the effectiveness of a topical treatment. In theory it sounds like it may be an effective COMPLEMENTARY treatment to round out a complete "kitchen-sink" type regimen. I am an outspoken advocate of the "kitchen-sink"regimen based on my real-world results. I believe that MPB should be attacked hard from all angles...growth stimulators, topical/systemic DHT inhibitors, SODases/copper-peptides, "nutrients"/nutritional factors, optimizing the cellular/topical scalp environment, positive belief system,
    etc...so in that sense I can see a product such as FNS being a good ADDITION to this type of approach. Unfortunately, things don't look too promising for FNS based on the user feedback so far, but the real test will be what people are saying at month 6. 6 months is the bare minmum window in which real results, or lack thereof, can be determined.

If anything, give it a try for 6 months. It can't hurt, and it may help. Good luck

spyguy

Anonymous Guest

spyguy,

I agree with your opinion that the lasercomb must be used in conjunction with the other topical or oral treatment to hairloss. I was among those who ventured into using the lasercomb alone stopping finasteride and minoxidil (with retin-a and Xandrox, Dr. Lee's formula) completely after Jan. 12, 2002, the first day I used lasercomb. The first three months was superb, hairloss increased only in the first two weeks but after that I experienced new hair growth in the frontal area and hairloss diminished approximating the minimal daily hairloss I experienced while under minoxidil and finasteride. In fact, I remember giving my first two months update praising the comb for its effectiveness.

However, the experience was short-lived, in my third to the fourth month, I experienced heavy hair fall, the thing that I experienced once ot twice before when I quit hair medications completely. I gave it around two months, thinking that the episode was just temporary, but my hair really became thinner and thinner each day, aside from the hairfall the color became pale (my hair losing pigmentation) and looked really weak. At the ist week of June, I decided to use minoxidil again. I was already thinking of returning the comb, but I was way past the guarantee period. Hairloss has decreased since using minoxidil again but I don't know if Iwould still regain the hair that I lost in the past two months. My scalp became really visible and it was the baldest that I have seen myself in the 14 years that I have been losing hair ( I am now 32, started hairloss at around 1.

I regret that I became too experimental and very aggressive. I still use the lasercomb, I have no choice since I can no longer return it. I just hope it would complement or enhance the effect of minoxidil and finasteride, like your experience.

Ike

jack Guest

Spy Guy,

I too have been using the lasercomb since it came out to compliment my regime. I cant say if it has helped or not. Overall my hair is good but my hairline continues to receed as it always has since my hairloss began. I have used finasteride for several years with minox/retin-A which has helped to maintain what ive got. no real regrowth though. i added FNS when i came out and my hairline has receeded further at a greater rate but i no longer find hairs on my pillow, compared to adleast 20-30 previously. hence my dilema. Has spiro been effective for you in the frontal region? (im assuming you use topical 2 or 5%) Can you give us a break down of your regime - when and how you use. do you take any vitamins or saw palmetto?

Thanks,

Jack