Thread: ***SHOCKING INFO ON HAIRLOSS***

Anonymous Guest

Default ***SHOCKING INFO ON HAIRLOSS***

Hi everyone,

I've been doing a lot of research on hair loss this summer and found out one fact that most people dont know about hair loss...

There is an ingredient in 90% of shampoos that cause the hair follicles to corrode!!!

SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE (SLS) or SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE (Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate- SLES)

Here's what its known to do:

h cause skin irritation

h has ability to penetrate and impair the skin barrier

h damages and alters skin cells

h causes substantial roughness of skin

h enhances allergic response to other toxins and allergens

h increases irritant reactions and susceptibility of seborrhea and eczema

h damages protein formation in the eye

h penetrate into the eye, brain, heart, liver, and other systemic tissues

h has long-term retention in tissues (up to five days after a single drop)

h it is used as a lab standard for inducing contact dermatitis

h actually corrodes the hair follicle and impairs its ability to grow hair

h declines the hairgrowth cycle and prolongs the hair loss phases (norm 3 months) by a factor of eight

If you look up more information on this chemical, you'll also find out that indirectly, it is also a possible carcinogen.

Check out a couple of websites:

http://www.healthy-communications.co...sirritant.html

http://www.newhair-products.com/sls.htm

Anyways, astounded by this new information, I quickly ran upstairs to check the ingredients of my shampoos.... sure enough, on EVERY BOTTLE I CHECKED, the MAIN INGREDIENT (besides water) turned out to be SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE.

It's mainly the cheap, commercial shampoos that contain this chemical, but i heard some salon shampoos dont have it. I have yet to check it out for myself...

Anyways, I hope everyone could use this information, I think a lot more people would have a LOT more sucess with their lasercomb if they watched what kind of shampoo they buy.... and this is why I posted this information!!

Im also curious to know, WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOOS ARE BEING USED WITH THE LASERCOMB?! CHECK YOUR INGREDIENTS!!

bearcats Guest

Default Re: ***SHOCKING INFO ON HAIRLOSS***

Have been using NUHAIR shampoo. The ingredients are all natural, and it gives the hair body. Purchased at Eckerd Drugs.

Anonymous Guest

Mel,

You are 100% correct about shampoos. Unfortunately I did not realize that until very late but now I have stopped using shampoos with chemiclas totally. Avoid using shampoos and you would notice a dramatic decrese in hair loss and improved hair quality. Natural oil in skin is more than sufficient to take care of the hair folicals. That's my persoanl experience. I don;t even shampoo after workouts and after taking shower feel great with simply washed hair (whatever left) as compared to when I used to shampoo almost every day.

Try it. does not hurt. Does it.

Anonymous Guest

jack Guest

hi,

thanks for your most interesting article. i am using nisim shampoo, have you heard of it? please advise

Anonymous Guest

Those chemicals must be gender sensitive, otherwise gals would be losing hair almost as fast as guys. Thanks, anyways.

Anonymous Guest

This sounds like rubbish to me as every shampoo i have looked at from brands like L'oreal and John Frieda to salon only products like Redken (9 a bottle in UK salons) all contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate.

It must be an ingredient that is necessary in a shampoo.

Anonymous Guest

Hey guys,

I know the info sounds like BS at first, but I mean, if you really think about it, "older" people tend to have thinner hair than younger, right? Everybody's body is different, some people might not be affected until much later in their lives...

SLS is not NECESSARY in a shampoo, it's the ingredient in shampoos that make bubbles and foam, and people tend to like that, because it feels "cleaner" when there are more bubbles and lather.

Anyways, maybe SLS doesnt CAUSE hairloss, but im sure it would increase the risk by a lot.

So who's having more success with their hair growth? People who are using natural shampoos? or people who are using commercial shampoos containing SLS?

I wonder if there's a physician anywhere who can answer this... even a dermatologist....

devd Guest

there are shampoos that don't contain Sodium Laureth sulfate. it's main usage in shampoo is to cut grease and it also helps make bubbles. The shampoo that I use doesn't contain it...it's also harder to make a lather from it, but it's not big deal.

Anonymous Guest

try using a shampoo called revitalize,by products of nature it contains no sulfates

Anonymous Guest

can u sugesst some shampoo's that dont have sls.?

Andy Guest

Hi

there is a shampoo that doesnt contain SLS and its called SCALP SCRIPTS shampoo you can purchase it from www.hairlosscentre.co.uk

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

I totally agree with you as I have seen it happening with me!! In 31 yrs of my life I have seen that soon as I shifted to SLS containing shampoo my hair started to fall drastically. I have been using a very natural herbal stuff all my life. Its called "Silkesha". Its an "Ayurvedic" stuff from India. One might get this in Indian store. Try it once may be it will suit you.

Anonymous Guest

Hey, was wondering is Ammonium laurel sulfate just as bad as Sodium laurel sulfate? I have a shampoo with Ammonium laurel sulfate and not Sodium laurel sulfate, are they both the same thing, or different chemically?

Anonymous Guest

victoria wrote:

> Hi,
    >
    > I totally agree with you as I have seen it happening with me!!
    > In 31 yrs of my life I have seen that soon as I shifted to SLS
    > containing shampoo my hair started to fall drastically. I have
    > been using a very natural herbal stuff all my life. Its called
    > "Silkesha". Its an "Ayurvedic" stuff from India. One might get
    > this in Indian store. Try it once may be it will suit you.

Anonymous Guest

loads of people seem to say using nizoral shampoo is good for hairloss, together with regaine etc, but this contains sls. so what does that mean?

Anonymous Guest

Hey, is Ammonium Laurel Sulfate just as bad as Sodium Laurel Sulfate?

Anonymous Guest

The subject of laureth/laurel, etc. being bad for hair is nothing new. It's a very common ingredient and the argument against it has been around for a long time. It may not be good for hair, but if it were the culprit for baldness, just about everyone would be sporting a chrome dome.

Anonymous Guest

I hate to break it to most ppl here but sodium laurel sulphate has a more common name... soap. SLS is an extremely mild detergent used in almost every product that you find in your bathroom. It is found in 90% percent of shampoo (because it is effective), shaving cream and even toothpaste. That's right you put this stuff in your mouth every morning. If it was carcinogenic... well, it's not carcinogenic. As far as causing hairloss I seriously doubt it. Another forumer pointed out that women would be in a lot of trouble if this was true. But it's not. The article is hogwash.

Anonymous Guest

Yeah,

u r right. I always feel itching and hot in scalp after shampooing more than 10 years. I tried every famous and gently shampoo. until one week later, I try to use a non-popular chinese natural flower seeds oil which was used to clean hair and scalp more than a hundred year in China and Hong Kong before shampoo appear. The problem solved! It's cheaper than chemical shampoo and greater cleansing power with no residue.

Anonymous Guest

Hi there!

Thanks for the info!

I have a question for you.
    My shampoo states the following ingredients and I was wandering if they are the same.
    "Ammonium Laureth Sulfate" and "Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate".
    As the only difference is that Sodium is replaced by Ammonium in the names I am concerned if they are same, because if so, my shampoo contains BOTH
    damaging ingredients!

Thanks again.

Anonymous Guest

For the last ten years, I've had a constantly itchy head, not really knowing why, but I have found a shampoo that is free from SLS about 3-4 weeks ago in my local supermarket, and have been using it ever since. The reduction in itching has been remarkable. I used to scratch so much, my scalp would bleed, then when I washed my hair, it stung. Now, washing my hair is much more pleasurable, and my hair feels stronger too. Also, it seems to stay fresher for longer.
    It's made by a company called Avalon, see avalonorganics.com.

I won't change back to an SLS containing shampoo ever again.

Anonymous Guest

What if you just don't wash your hair?

Anonymous Guest

im very cautious in the shampoos i use.

but i use mosturizing shampoo and thats when i notice LESS hair fall out.

in fact i was on a no shampoo diet but then had to start again to prevent hairloss.

plus i know guys and girls who propably shampoo 7-12x a week, and have no hair problem.

Anonymous Guest

Good News!
    HairMax is introuducing a complete line of all natural, sulfite-free shampoo, enzyme cleaner and conditioner. We expect to have the web page up in a few weeks for ordering information.
    - Dave L.

Anonymous Guest

Here are shampoos that DO NOT have "Sodium Laurel Sulfate"

1. AVEDA
    2. KISS MY FACE
    3. AUBREY SHAMPOO

Anonymous Guest

Where can we buy these chinese natural flower seeds?

Quote Originally Posted by chan kay
    Yeah,

u r right. I always feel itching and hot in scalp after shampooing more than 10 years. I tried every famous and gently shampoo. until one week later, I try to use a non-popular chinese natural flower seeds oil which was used to clean hair and scalp more than a hundred year in China and Hong Kong before shampoo appear. The problem solved! It's cheaper than chemical shampoo and greater cleansing power with no residue.

Anonymous Guest

traditional chinese medicine is recognised here in australia too !!!
    especially with acupuncture. Here in Sydney where i live, there are claims that people who are losing hair goto a chinese herbal medicine practitioner and they perform acupuncture on them. (sticking needles into their head)
    then the persons hair grew back !!!!

amazing isnt it !!! also chinese medicine have traditional herbs that claim to regrow hair !!!
    www.sureregrow.com

anyways i use Panene Shampoo !!! and it doesnt have that thing u saying
    but i used to use Dove Shampoo which DOES have it, and thats when i started to notice my hair thinning !!!

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by me
    in fact i was on a no shampoo diet.
    Yeah? How much weight did you lose?!

Anonymous Guest

Default Try This Site

Sparky Guest

I think the thing to remember is that people who don't have thinning hair are most likely resilient to anything they put on their heads. It is like that with other things to...some people aren't bothered by second-hand smoke, while others, like me, choke on it instantly. So for me to stay healthy, I stay away from smoke.

This sulfate thing may be one factor that contributes to those who have less resilient hair follicles...Trying to save your hair is a control process. There won't be one magic bullet, for the most part...The key is to keep good blood circulation on your scalp. So it makes sense that any treatment will include keeping your scalp "environment" as healthy as possible

Default HairMax HairCare Products

To "all" on this thread,

Thank you for all of your posts. Sulfate has been known to trigger hairloss. As of a year ago Lexington Int'l has made there own line of Haircare products. These products are made with all natural ingredients, aloe vera, and are SULFATE FREE!

We sell them as a set, shampoo & conditioner for $20.00. (Only available in the US). You can purchase these online on our order page or call our office direct at (866)527-3726 or (561)417-0200 from 9:00am to 5:00pm eastern time.

Sonia