Thread: 1 month update

Anonymous Guest

Default 1 month update

Hi everyone,

I'm female, 32 years old, and have AGA. I've been using minoxidil 2% for 2 months, and the Lasercomb for almost 5 weeks, and so far, I'm very pleased with this combo. I used to have 2 problems : not having a lot of hair + the hair I did have was dull, dry and wispy. Now this second problem has been solved, and my hair is looking better than it has in a long time. It's shiny, more manageable, and looks fuller and stronger. (I had a friend remark that my hair was looking shiny.) I first started to notice all this after 2-3 weeks of lasercomb use.
    I don't have any new growth, but perhaps it's a bit early for that.... (I do have dozens of little hairs coming out at & just below my hairline, but judging by their length they're from the minoxidil). I still have a long way to go, but right now I'm hopeful.

I'm seeing a dermatologist specialized in hair loss next Tuesday, and I'm curious what her opinion on the lasercomb will be...

I'll be posting again in a month,
    Best of luck to all,
    Cloud

Cloud Guest

Default 2 month update

Hi !

I just started my 10th week on the Lasercomb today. My current regimen also consists of minoxidil (been using it for 3 months) and Tricomin spray (a very recent addition).

I'm happy with my results so far, though they're neither spectacular nor dramatic. My hair definitely looks better, but under bright lights you can still see a lot of scalp...

I'm seeing some regrowth (first noticed this about 3 weeks ago): very short hairs are sprouting all over my head, they are greatest in number along my hairline and at the front of my head (where my hair was at its best to begin with). Some of them are coloured, but most of them aren't. I'm pleased with them and they give me hope, though I wish there were more. They don't have any cosmetic effect as yet.

Also, the condition of my hair keeps improving. My hair is shinier and feels very soft. It has a lot more body as well. I attribute this mainly to the Lasercomb. My hair and my scalp always feel so good after I use it... I'm still using my Lasercomb 3x/week for that reason.

I'll post another update next month,
    Best wishes to all of you,
    Cloud

gugabug Guest

Hello there!
    That is very exciting news about your improvements! Congrats!
    I was wondering if you ever spoke to the dermatologist that specializes in hair loss about the laser comb? If so, what was her opinion? I'm sure we'd all be very interested to know!

Sincerely,

L. E.
    (aka: the gugabug)

Cloud Guest

Hi gugabug,

Well, my appointment at the hospital turned out to be something of a disappointment.
    I didn't get to see the derm specialized in hair loss after all (apparently she's very busy and will only see the patients who the other derms feel unable to help), but saw 2 other ones instead.

Both were very nice, caring and informative (the opposite of my former dermatologist!). But in the end, they couldn't tell me anything I didn't know already. And as far as treatments are concerned they told me The Usual Story i.e. that Minoxidil, Diane35, Androcur & Aldactone are the only options available for women right now.

I asked them if laser therapy could be beneficial for me, and told them about the LC, but they hadn't heard about it, and immediately assumed it was a scam. I tried to explain how it worked but they remained very skeptical. Also they didn't think laser could be any good for people with AGA, since it does nothing to block DHT..
    Anyway, since they appeared to know next to nothing about LLLT -- I wasn't worried by their negativity.

I got them intrigued, and they said they'd have a look at this website, though. They also said to keep them posted if ever I did decide to buy a lasercomb (Errr... because they were being so extremely negative, I chickened out of owning up that I already bought one ,

I'm seeing them again in August, and I'm going to take the LC with me (together with the Tricomin Spray).

There is more between heaven and earth than is dreamt of in their philosophy.

Cloud

Anonymous Guest

Hey thanks for responding!

If you haven't already, you could check my post about my own experience with my dermatologist. Although they had never heard of the laser comb they were less skeptical and more simply unable to offer an opinion about something that is not FDA approved, and that they had not heard of themselves. They did encourage me to give it (lasercomb) a try and basically evaluate for myself, and let them know if there are positive results.

Oh and something to keep in mind anout DHT. While it IS true that the comb doesn't specifically block DHT neither does Rogaine (minoxidil). Rogaine works by opening up potassium channels in the body that somehow promote hair growth to varying degrees in different people. So suppressing DHT is clearly not the only factor in stopping hair loss. I personally think it is one factor among many. For instance some individuals that have tremendous levels of DHT found locally in their scalp/sebum are not affected by it because their hair is resistsant. My personal thought is that there must be some way of strengthening the hair itself so that the DHT will not affect it in a negative way. I am REALLY hoping that is what the LLT treatments will do, but I guess I just have to wait and see.

So thanks for getting back to me, and I wish you all the best. Keep us updated!

~L. E.

(aka: the gugabug)

Dear Gugabug/Cloud,

Hello and thank you for your postings. There are alot of dermatologists who are not familiar with the science behind our product, nor have they heard about the HairMax LaserComb. It is unfortunate that the ones who are skeptical and who are quick to judge, are the ones who don't know a thing about our product.

In October 2003, there was an independent study published in the "International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Dermatology", where it shows to the medical world the true efficacies of the HairMax LaserComb. The results published are substantial and more significant than any other treatment currently on the market.

This is a important milestone as medical professionals now need to accept the legitimacy of LaserComb’s therapy. Have your dermatiolgist view the article online at. http://www.liebertpub.com/lasercomb.pdf

In regards to DHT, DHT is one of the many male hormones in the body and is thought to be one of the causes of hair loss in men. DHT is thought to affect hair growth through miniaturization. Most of the DHT 'hype' comes from advertising and researchers are uncertain about all the causes for hair loss.

The LaserComb works by activating your hair-growing environment to produce a thicker, healthier hair. Our hypothesis is that a healthier hair growing environment is less likely to be affected by DHT and other toxic build-up that might otherwise cause follicles to miniaturize and eventually stop producing hair.

I hope that helps clarify.

Lexington Int'l
    Sonia

Cloud Guest

Gugabug & Sonia,

Thanks for your remarks about DHT, that was interesting.

My personal thought is that there must be some way of strengthening the hair itself so that the DHT will not affect it in a negative way
    That is the route I'm taking now... In the past I've been on the Diane35 pill, along with Androcur, and these meds made me feel terrible. Now I don't want to take any hormone bombs anymore (particularly since I don't have an hormonal imbalance... my hormone levels are normal), and I'm trying to treat the problem locally and not systemically.

Sonia, I already have a print-out of the article you mentioned. It was after reading it that I made the decision to buy the comb. I'm certainly going to show it to my derms. I'm compiling some sort of Hair File for them. Yeah, I'm planning on educating them.

Cloud

Cloud Guest