Thread: Recovery of hair after 14 years

Anonymous Guest

Default Recovery of hair after 14 years

Hi,

My problem started when I was 19 years (or perhaps earlier, but did not care or realise) and after trying all kind of treatments, shampoos, soaps, lotions, pills and all kind of stuff that comes every year to the market, the remaining hairs on front, top and crown are not many anymore. The hair line has retrated at least 2 cm. Iīm 33 now and am glad that I still can com my remainings hairs.

Today is my 3rd month of hair treatment with the lasercomb and seems like my hair is getting healthier; itīs probably a dream but I think I donīt see as many hairs hanging at the comb or lying on the drainage; watching the mirror I think (or dream of) I can see new, light hairs growing at the hair line. If all this is true and the lasercomb is helping me to recover my lost hair (the hair that I lost a short time ago, of course), will it help me to ever recover the hair that fell out at age 19, 20, 21 and so on ??

On the other hand, the day I started the treatment with the lasercomb I ordered for some reason the barber to cut my hair very short (even shorter than the military); when finished I had him take me 4 photos of my head (front, rear and sides). Soon Iīm going to the barber shop again and will have him to take me some new photos. This is the only way to realise if the lasercomb is helping me, you and anyone else.

Greetings

Buddahmonk Guest

Default Re: Recovery of hair after 14 years

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso
    Hi,

My problem started when I was 19 years (or perhaps earlier, but did not care or realise) and after trying all kind of treatments, shampoos, soaps, lotions, pills and all kind of stuff that comes every year to the market, the remaining hairs on front, top and crown are not many anymore. The hair line has retrated at least 2 cm. Iīm 33 now and am glad that I still can com my remainings hairs.

Today is my 3rd month of hair treatment with the lasercomb and seems like my hair is getting healthier; itīs probably a dream but I think I donīt see as many hairs hanging at the comb or lying on the drainage; watching the mirror I think (or dream of) I can see new, light hairs growing at the hair line. If all this is true and the lasercomb is helping me to recover my lost hair (the hair that I lost a short time ago, of course), will it help me to ever recover the hair that fell out at age 19, 20, 21 and so on ??

On the other hand, the day I started the treatment with the lasercomb I ordered for some reason the barber to cut my hair very short (even shorter than the military); when finished I had him take me 4 photos of my head (front, rear and sides). Soon Iīm going to the barber shop again and will have him to take me some new photos. This is the only way to realise if the lasercomb is helping me, you and anyone else.

Greetings

good point

a proper crop is gonna show more realisticly if hair is growing or not

Anonymous Guest

Default Recovery of hair after 14 years (update 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso
    Hi,

Greetings

*---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, itīs 4 months now of hair treatment (3 times a weeks) and seems that I see an improvement in the quality of my hair. I can see tiny, colorless hairs all around the hair line and some of them (between the normal hairs) seem to have grown much more than just 2-3 mm. Hope they will all grow soon.

What I have deeply noticed is that the hair seems not to fall out as much as before, in fact I can count 10-15 hairs during shower and combing, which is much less than before. Any way, normal hairs must fall out, which is the normal cycle of the healthy hairs, so I donīt think there will be a day when I lose just 1 or 2 hairs.

Iīll report in some months if thereīs more to tell.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Alonso,
    Are you sure that the new fine hairs are actually new or are you just looking for them much harder now? I'm not asking this in a negative or discouraging way, it's just that I am considering the purchase of the laser comb. I have never used any treatment yet and I can see lots of "new" fine hairs, in the right light you will even see this on your nose and other parts. I guess I just want you and other users to confirm for me that these are definately regrown hairs before I make the big purchase.
    I'm just a little scared of being let down.
    I hope Lexington will post this as this is very important to me.
    Thank You
    Hopeful

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

I canīt tell you for sure. There are 2 types of "new hairs" that I can see (or dream to see): first the very tiny, baby hairs which are not longer than 2 mm and that you can see under special light conditions. Second, some of them seem to have grown but Iīm certainly not sure, because they are mixed with the normal hairs and have a very light color (my hair color is light brown). I can detect them mostly under special light conditions and of course, only those that I can see with help of the mirror (all along the tempels and hair line).

On the other hand, I say they have grown because I had my hair cut 1 month ago, so the remaining hairs have grown since then; however, some of hairs are shorter than the rest. Thatīs why I assume that thereīs new, growing hair.

Anonymous Guest

Default Recovery of hair after 14 years (update 3)

Hi,

itīs the 5th month now and after spending 10 days for holidays far from civilization, I can tell you that I did not notice any problem for not using the laser comb in all this time. Every time I washed and combed my hair, I couldnīt find many fallen hairs, either on my hands or on the comb. Seems like the hair treatment continues to work.

Glad to hear there was no regression during your 10 day holiday. Was wondering if you could give us an update on the regrowth you were noticing earlier?

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rexel
    Glad to hear there was no regression during your 10 day holiday. Was wondering if you could give us an update on the regrowth you were noticing earlier?
    Hello,

thereīs not much to add from previous messages. I still can notice on the hair line new hairs that certainly are longer by now as reported on 18.03.2004 but somehow shorter than the remaining hairs. Perhaps for the next hair cut both "teams" will have the same length. Certainly it is not the amount of new, regrown hairs that I wish to see, but itīs some breakthrough, considering that my temples started to appear since I was 19.

Thatīs about the hair line, but I also notice some improvement on the top of my head. During the first weeks of hair treatment, and according to the way how the light falls, I could see part of the scalp on the mirror (the existing hair could not cover all of it, not that there was a visible hole). Now, after 5 months, itīs difficult to see the scalp through the mirror (and I stand on the same place, with the same light bulb and mirror as I did 4 months ago !!).

On the other hand, in 1 month Iīm having my hair cut and Iīll ask the barber to take some pictures, so that I can compare any improvement with the previous pictures. Iīll report soon.

Thanks Alonso...look forward to hearing more good news from you!

Anonymous Guest

Default 6 Months Info

Hi,

Iīve arrived to the 6th month of treatment and after having the hair cut I took some pictures of my head. After comparing them with the pictures of the 3rd. month and day 0, I can tell you that I see a great improvement in the quality and amount of hair. The temples are not deep as before, the color seems to be darker, itīs easily noticeable that there are more hairs and the front line seems to be advancing to the eye brows. Itīs so wonderful !!

In this time Iīve also noticed a fewer amount of lost hair. Months ago I could find 6 - 12 hairs a day on my work desk; now I can see 2 - 3 a day and that also is valid for washing and combing.

Hopefully in 6 more months the temples are vanished.

PUMB1 Guest

wow...im impressed...hope my lc works aswell as yours....if at all possible..can u post ur pics....or something?..would be interesting to see the results....thanks!!!

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

are you using any other treatment in addition to the lasercomb?

Quote Originally Posted by PUMB1
    wow...im impressed...hope my lc works aswell as yours....if at all possible..can u post ur pics....or something?..would be interesting to see the results....thanks!!!

Anonymous Guest

[quote="Anonymous"]Hi,

are you using any other treatment in addition to the lasercomb?

Hi,

nope. After 14 years trying everything with no positiv result, Iīve decided not to use any other treatment, drug, spray, shampoo and so on; just the laser comb.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PUMB1

Iīll try to post some pictures soon.

Anonymous Guest

alonso why dont you post the pictures that your barber took just scan them onto the computer

also does the lasercomb help the hairline a great deal do oyu massage the scalp also to get blood flow in it anywasy i have tro go

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by anthony
    alonso why dont you post the pictures that your barber took just scan them onto the computer

also does the lasercomb help the hairline a great deal do oyu massage the scalp also to get blood flow in it anywasy i have tro go

Iīll soon upload the pictures in a server. You just canīt copy and paste it in this forum.

When you watch the pictures, youīll notice that the hair line has been improved. I massage my scalp but rarely; only when I go into the sauna and thatīs up to 4 times a month. I havenīt found nowhere any indication that it could help; however, it cannot damage to try.

Anonymous Guest

Default My photos

Ok,

after some difficulties for uploading the photos, here they are. Hope you wonīt laugh, because Iīm not very photogenic.

if somehow they donīt show up in this forum, just enter or click:

http://profoto.netfirms.com/cabello

Anonymous Guest

Alonso,

WOW! Your hair has really grown in and thickened up a ton! I am so impresssed. I am so excited to start using the comb too! I bet you are thrilled with your results. Are you using any other treatments like Rogaine or Propecia or is this strictly results from the lasercomb? Also, did you notice an increase in shedding when you started using the comb? Thanks in advance Alonso for you response!

Amy

Anonymous Guest

The result is spectacular!!!!!!!!! It is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations to you!!!!

I always thought about purchasing the lasercomb. Now after viewing your photos, I am definitely going to buy the lasercomb.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Amy
    Alonso,

WOW! Your hair has really grown in and thickened up a ton! I am so impresssed. I am so excited to start using the comb too! I bet you are thrilled with your results. Are you using any other treatments like Rogaine or Propecia or is this strictly results from the lasercomb? Also, did you notice an increase in shedding when you started using the comb? Thanks in advance Alonso for you response!

Amy
    Yes, Iīm thrilled with my results but not much; thereīs still a long road to go. After all, Iīve treated my hair 6 months .... and been losing it for 14 years.

Read previous posts here and youīll find that Iīm not using or taking anything. Iīm tired of all that stuff that brings nothing but a hole in my pocket.

I did not notice an increase in shedding at any time, on the contrary; but this past few days Iīm noticing a greater amount of lost hair, but itīs still few.

Hello Alonso,

Thank you for taking the time to not only post on our website, but to go one step further in attaching your photos. We truly appreciate the fact that you take the time to do this, and show this not only to our present users, but to those who are still in doubt, who are still on the fence wondering and waiting to see it this product is something that may work for them.

For all of our present users , we welcome your photos on our website.

Happy Lasering Alonso!

Sonia

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

nothing positive to comment this time; itīs just that Iīve begun to notice an increase in shedding. It was before only 5 - 8 hairs on my hands after washing the hair and now itīs more than 20. Combing the hair brings also more hairs than before.

Seems like Iīve entered a telogen phase. Hopefully it wonīt last long !!

Anonymous Guest

Default Updated Info

Hi everyone,

itīs now 9 months of hair treatment and I have some comments (positive and negative). Iīve added new pictures since the 6th month, including the back of my head and they can be found under http://www.profoto.netfirms.com/cabello/

Iīd like to make you notice the following:

1- I notice some improvement in the number of lost hairs when i wash or comb my hair (i mean fewer hairs)
    2- however, the front hair line seems to be receding. Check photos of months 7.5 and 9.
    3- from month 6 (last posting) to 7.5 you can notice an improvement in my hair but from month 7.5 to 9 there seems to be no change at all. Even worse, I think I see fewer hairs.
    4- Light is a terrible enemy. During strong light conditions, any one can notice easierly my thinning zones, specially with fluorescent lamps. On the contrary, with poor light conditions it seems to help.
    5- The hair doesnīt look oily as before the laser treatment, which is good.
    6- Somehow, Iīm becomming desperate and nervous because of the poor results in the last 1.5 months, specially because I think Iīm seeing the left temple deeper and bigger.
    7- Hair hasnīt stop to fall down (and itīll never do, which is normal) but now itīs under reasonable amounts. Somedays after combing I find 2-3 hairs hanging on the comb.

If somebody asks, I treat my hair at least 3 days a week (1 day I do, the next I donīt).

Has anyone strengthening, cheering-up words for me ??

Anonymous Guest

Alonso,

I just wanted to say your hair looks great and it is a huge improvement from day one of the lasercomb. I think in the last picture of the back the lighting is SOOOOO much brighter. You can definitely tell bc the hair is even light and shiny. Also, I think the front pictures look equally great at both 7.5 months and nine months. Hang in there. You are doing well. Try and stay positive. You look great... honestly!!

Amy

Anonymous Guest

Default Updated information

Hi,

so itīs now 10.5 months of hair treatment and good news is not what I have to tell you. In the last 4 weeks (aprox.) Iīve been losing much more hairs than normal and Iīm seeing that my left temple is growing. Although Iīve been treating the hair about 3 times a week (1 day I do, the next I donīt), I donīt see any improvement with the last photo session. You find and update of photos under:

http://profoto.netfirms.com/cabello/page1.html

Compare month 9 with todayīs photos and you wonīt see more hair. I wonder if this hair crisis will end soon. Probably Iīve entered the so much feared stage of shedding, which is mentioned in many postings here.

Anonymous Guest

Default 1 year !!

Well, itīs now 1 year with the laser comb. In previous postings Iīve been reporting that I had noticed an abnormal loss of hair and it has lasted 2.5 months; that has lead to more uncovered zones in my head. However, since 1 week ago it stopped suddenly in a way that Iīm surprised, I mean, now I just see 4, 5 or 6 hairs after combing.

As usual, I have taken photos of my head and it is easily noticeable that the crown displays an emptier skin (of hairs) and the uncovered zone is now bigger. The temples have grown and the hair line has receded. Iīve moved the pictures to a new server:
    http://www.profi-photo.com/Cabello/ so take a look.

Since 2 weeks ago Iīve decided to increase to hair treatment to 4 times a week, with 13 minutes as an average. I donīt know if that took part in slowing down the speed of losing hair or if the fearful stage of shedding is now over.

I must confess that the pictures for this first anniversary were taken 1 week after hair cut, contrary to the rest of pictures, which were taken minutes or hours later.

I sincerely do not know whether to continue with this treatment or just quit.

Anonymous Guest

Default Update

Some more words to the previous posting (which for some reason has not been published):
    1- Iīve decided to go back to only 2 hair treatments per week. I notice that the next morning after treatment and after a shower I lose more hair than in no treatment-days.
    2- New photos are under http://www.profi-photo.com/Cabello/
    3- Some body told me about a possible influence of the yearīs seasons. For those of you who have treated the hair for at least 1 year: has any one noticed an up-and-down cycle ??

Dear Alonso,

Hello. Even though you are having ups and downs with your results, overall you appear to have some improvements. You also commented that have used other "modalities", in the past without results either.

You also confirmed in our telephone conversation that you noticed very good benefits in your frontal hairline.

Please comment about your frontal hairline, as your comments are very much appreciated.

Lexington Int'l

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

"very good benefits" is excesive. I can see some thin, light (almost colorless) hairs in the front line through the mirror, depending on how the light incides. In a previous posting I mentioned that they were about 3 mm long and now they seem to be 8-9 mm long. Certainly theyīre not growing as fast as I wish and they are not as many as they are needed.

"to have some improvements" should in reality be changed "to have HAD some improvements". As you mention, there are ups and downs and right now Iīm in the downs. Considering my luck, the downs are deeper than the maximun height of the ups. Iīm just longing, hoping and praying that there will be anew ups.

Wait for future postings

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia
    Dear Alonso,

Hello. Even though you are having ups and downs with your results, overall you appear to have some improvements. You also commented that have used other "modalities", in the past without results either.

You also confirmed in our telephone conversation that you noticed very good benefits in your frontal hairline.

Please comment about your frontal hairline, as your comments are very much appreciated.

Lexington Int'l

Alonso Guest

Angry More info (16th month)

Hallo,

Itīs me again after 4 months, Iīm reporting back.

So, Iīve just reached my 16th month of hair treatment and so far I havenīt seen anything positive. As you can see in my updated pictures gallery (http://www.profi-photo.com/Cabello/start.html), thereīs no notorious improvement in the quantity (and quality) of my hair. In previous postings Iīve been complaining about losing much hair (some tiny, some thick, some long ones which cause me much worry), due to a possible stage (telogen I think itīs called) in my hairīs life cycle, which Iīve gone through. This has brought devastating consequences in my temples and hole on the crown. However, (with much fantasy) I can see some slight improvement in my crown, comparing the 12th and 16th month photos.

That has led to a loss of confidence in the laser comb, which I donīt use now more than 2 times a week (some weeks just 1 time). !!!

Searching in the internet for something else, I found a (supposedly) “miraculous” hair treatment that might help to improve the quality and quantity of hair. In the web site (http://www.capris.de/methode24/index.html) thereīs not much information and specially proven cases of improvement; on the contrary, most of the text is publicity for selling the product (sorry boys, but itīs only german). I know that every company swears to have the magic formula for growing hair and most of them are only big cheaters that want our money, but anyway I decided to give it a try and since mid-january Iīve been using the treatment (which consist in a shampoo, hair lotion for cleaning the scalp and a hair milk for encouraging hair growth).

Itīs soon to be able to say whether it has helped or not, but I can say for sure that hair loss has been remarkably diminished since Iīm using the treatment, in combination with the laser comb. Must wait for the 6th month for testing results.

Some last point Iīd like to mention: after 1-2 months of hair treatment, I mentioned that I could see some tiny, colorless hairs in my hair line. Some months later I reported that those hairs were indeed growing. They are still growing but very few of them !!! All over my temples I can see very tiny (1 mm long) hairs, but after 16 months they must be probably atrophiated now.

Additionally, Iīd like to ask about some natural pills based on Saw Palmetto that are being sold in the internet, which supposedly are inhibitors of DHT. Has someone experience with it and can recommend ??

Post Greetings Alonso

Greetings Alonso and thank you for your post and our prior telephone conversation,

We have reviewed your post and have found several important issues we would like to bring to attention.

First, while you say in your letter that you have not seen any positive results from the use of the LaserComb, you also state later that you can see “tiny colorless hairs in my hair line.” In our telephone conversation, you also indicated that you had seen some results in the temporal region. We consider this considerable, and here is why:

During our telephone conversation I recall you stating that both Propecia and Minoxidil had not yielded you desirable results. As you know, both of these are FDA approved products for hair re-growth.

Yet, though these products did not work to your satisfaction, the LaserComb, clearly, has produced some results for you in the temporal areas. Additionally, and also indicative of the LaserComb having some positive effects on your hair, is that you did not state either in your post or in our telephone conversation that you have not seen further regression in the condition of your hair. All of this feedback that you have given, points to the LaserComb as having helped your hair some manner.

Keep in mind also, that different people will see different results from their treatment. Considering conventional treatments have not worked for you, I would think you would be slightly more encouraged that you were able to achieve even slight results from the use of our product.

Once again, thank you for your post, and continue using your LaserComb with confidence. While we know that the LaserComb (as with any product) does not work in every instance, we are excited to report that it does in fact effective for the majority of users.

Sincerely Yours,

Lexington Int LLC

Greg Guest

Smile

Alonso, I'd say in the bigger picture of things, your hair is looking better and at the very least, you've maintained what you had! Isn't that something to rave about? I wish that I had heard about the Laser Comb before I started to loose allot of my hair as I'm confident I could have kept that too. I'm just thankful that I've kept it and the remaining hair is healthier, shinier and has more body than before. I also need to mention that areas that were thinning badly before the start of treatment now are better and have actually moved forward a bit.

Alonso Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Alonso, I'd say in the bigger picture of things, your hair is looking better and at the very least, you've maintained what you had! Isn't that something to rave about? I wish that I had heard about the Laser Comb before I started to loose allot of my hair as I'm confident I could have kept that too. I'm just thankful that I've kept it and the remaining hair is healthier, shinier and has more body than before. I also need to mention that areas that were thinning badly before the start of treatment now are better and have actually moved forward a bit.

Thanks for your optimism !! but I still notice a regression between photos. Letīs see in some months.