Thread: Telogen Effluvium & Laser Comb useage

MindyC Guest

Red face Telogen Effluvium & Laser Comb useage

I am experiencing Telogen Effluvium (temp) and have been diagnosed by Dermatoligist. I have the Laser Comb and have been concerned with what I am reading about the comb causing initial shedding...(often for months). I am still going through my TE shed and my concern is should I use this Laser Comb? I can't afford to lose additional hair caused by something other than my TE. Why do people have loss while using the comb? I still have a lot of hair and have always had very good, healthy hair. A surgery is what caused my TE to start, and did so 3 months after the event.
    Thank you...
    Mindy

Default Hairmax Lasercomb And Shedding

Hi Mincy C -

Thank you for your post.

The HairMax is what is called an anagen inductor and that means that it causes fine wispy telegon hairs to shed and terminal hairs to grow in its place. All the HairMax is doing is speeding the loss of these telogen hairs so that new thicker hairs grow in and that is why initial shedding occurs.

In the case of telegon effluvian, the HairMax should enable the growth of thicker terminal hairs, but you will see more shedding of telogen hairs until the thicker terminal hairs grow in.

We wish you success in your use of the HairMax LaserComb.

LAS

Default follow up question

So, if the laser causes fine tellus hairs to fall out and then tellus hairs re-emerge, won't the laser cause those new tellus hairs to abandon ship again, quickly?

I am afraid that in the cause of trying to salvage my hair, I may cause more baldness quicker than it might otherwise have occurred.

Please advise.

MMH

Default Hairmax Lasercomb And Telogen Hair

Hi Missingmyhair -

Thank you for this post.

There is a difference between resting telogen hairs that are part of the normal cycle of hair shedding, rest, and growth and telogen hairs resulting from androgenetic alopecia. The hairs of individuals with this hereditary hair loss have miniaturized hairs which are wispy and fine and will never mature into a normal hair and they are diffuse all over the scalp. The HairMax LaserComb causes these hairs to fall out and stimulates the hair follicle to produce thick terminal hairs.

Since a normal scalp contains over 100,000 hairs on your head at any one time, if the HairMax LaserComb causes telogen hair to shed more quickly to regrow terminal hair, in the normal cycle of hair, you would not notice it as you would in the beginning of treatment when there is a much greater proportion of these hairs that shed.

We wish you success in your use of the HairMax LaserComb.

LAS